Player Growth in FIFA 22's Career Mode has been completely revamped.
Player perks will arrive when the game launches this October, allowing players to boost their attributes when they are performing well on the pitch.
Here is everything you need to know, including every player perk available in the upcoming FIFA release.
What are Player Perks
The Player Perks system will feaure as part of the player growth feature found within Career Mode.
Perks will unlock as you level up throughout your career, with players able to equip three of their unlocked perks before each match.
The perks will provide an additional performance boost on top of your attributes and will trigger automatically in-game provided that you have met your specified list of conditions.
Perks have been split into four key areas:
- Attacking Perks
- Chance Creation Perks
- Defensive Perks
- Goalkeeper Perks
Meanwhile there are a select few perks that will apply to your teammates aswell as yourself, which will leave your questioning whether you should sacrifice personal glory in favour of team success.
The perk activation feature can be seen below:
Here is every perk available to Career Mode users this year.
- Distance Shooter - Increases your accuracy and power from long distance shots. Grants you the Finesse Shot trait and 5 star Weak Foot ability.
- One Time Shot - Increases your finishing ability during one time shots or headers. Grants the Finesse Shot and Power Header Traits and increases your weak foot ability.
- Set Piece Beacon - Increases your Heading Attributes during Set Pieces (Free Kick, Corner Kick, Throw In) for 5 seconds after the ball is in play and grants you the Power Header Trait.
- Clutch Finisher - Increases your shooting Attributes during the last 15 minutes and extra time. Grants the Finesse Shot and Power Header Traits and increases your weak foot ability.
- Hot Streak - Shooting Attributes boosted for a short time (15 mins) after you score a goal. Grants you the Finesse Shot and Power Header Traits and increases your weak foot ability.
- Quick Reply - Shooting Attributes boosted for a short time (15 mins) after conceding a goal. Grants the Finesse Shot and Power Header Traits and increases your weak foot ability.
Chance Creation Perks
- Assist Streak - Boosts Passing Attributes for a short time (15 mins) after assisting a goal and grants the player the Swerve Pass trait.
- Skilled Dribbler - Increases a player's dribbling and skill move abilities when dribbling with a ball while also granting them the Flair trait.
- Set Piece Specialist - Increases your players abilities during set pieces. Grants you the Giant Throw In and Set Play Specialist Trait.
- Active First Touch - Increases your ball control, acceleration, and sprint speed after a first touch.
- Threaded Pass - Increases through-pass and lofted through-pass accuracy (Vision). Grants the player the swerve trait and 5 star weak foot ability.
- Precision Pass - Increases the player's normal pass accuracy and speed (Short Pass + Long Pass) and grants players the Swerve trait and 5 star weak foot ability.
- Tireless Runner - Grants the Second Wind and Solid Player Traits.
- Pinpoint Cross - Increases crossing accuracy and ability when performing a cross and grants the player the Swerve trait and a 5 star weak foot ability.
- Defensive Closer - Increases the defending Attributes in the final 15 minutes + extra time of a match.
- Last Defender - Increases your defending Attributes when you are the last player back.
- Lock Down - Defending Attributes boosted for a short time (15 mins) after your team scores a goal.
- Cool Head - Defending Attributes boosted for a short time (15 mins) after your team concedes a goal.
- Ball Winner - Boosts jockey speed when the player does the Jockey or Sprint Jockey actions and increases the player's tackling ability.
- Physical Strength - Boosted strength, ball control, and jumping when jostling, shielding, or heading the ball.
- GK Clutch Save - GK Attributes boosted in the final 15 minutes + extra time of a match.
- GK Fast Rush - GK speed boosted when GK is sprinting or rushing.
- GK Quick Reflex - GK reflexes and reactions boosted when saving.
- GK One on One - GK abilities boosted in one vs one situations for 5 seconds.
- GK Far Reach - Good at saving Distance Shots.
- GK Set Piece Expert - GK Attributes boosted during Set Pieces (Penalty Kick, Free Kick, Corner Kick, Throw In) for 5 seconds after the ball is in play.
- Chance Creation - Boost Passing abilities for ALL teammates Vision, Passing (Short/Long), Crossing, and Curve.
- Attacking Support - Boost Attacking abilities for ALL teammates Attacking Positioning, Finishing, Long Shots, and Shot Power.
- Defensive Cover - Boost Defensive abilities for ALL teammates Defensive Awareness, Interceptions, and Tackling (Stand/Slide).
*Please note that these perks are subject to change prior to the full launch of FIFA 22.