Over the course of a three day period, players will battle it out to get the best rank and rewards they can get.
So what is it all about and what do you get for it?
What Is FUT Champions?
FUT Champions also known as Weekend League is the opportunity for players to compete against others to earn rewards.
Each player has the opportunity to play up to 30 games and see how many games they can win.
The more wins you get, the higher your rank and the better your rewards.
Each weekend FUT Champions takes place with players needing to get 2000 FUT Champion points to qualify.
Every game consists of 90 in-game minutes with a winner decided in every game (meaning there are no draws). If the game is level at the end of regular time, players will go to extra-time and then penalties.
Dates And Times
FUT Champions starts every Friday at 8am BST and finishes on Monday at 8am BST.
If there is an issue with the servers that prevents players from playing, FUT Champions has been known to be extended by a day to accommodate.
THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE: The best players around the world compete in this special event
How Do I Qualify For FUT Champions?
To qualify for FUT Champions, you need to earn 2,000 FUT Champions points. These can be earned by playing Division Rivals games or FUT Champions games.
Once you have enough, you will need to redeem them. On the home FUT menus will be a 'Weekend League' widget saying 'Redeem'. You will need to press this to activate it for that weekend.
It's important to note that once it is redeemed, it will enter you for the next available FUT Champions (so be sure not to redeem it once FUT Champions has started as it will enter you for the following weekend).
You can choose to save your entry to a later date, but you will not earn additional FUT Champions points.
Each rank requires a certain number of wins to gain it.
A minimum of 5 games is necessary to rank in FUT Champions.
The Top 200 ranks are determined by the highest number of wins for that weekend and ranked in order of the highest skill rating. Your skill rating is determined by the number of high level/skilled players you beat.
Every player has a skill rating and the more skilful players you beat, the more point you will accumulate.
Here are the ranks:
- Rank 1 (30 Wins & Highest Skill Ranking)
- Rank 2-20 (30 Wins & High Skill Ranking)
- Rank 21-50 (30 Wins)
- Top 51-100 (30 Wins)
- Top 101-150 (29+ Wins)
- Top 151-200 (29+ Wins)
- Elite 1 (25 Wins)
- Elite 2 (25 Wins)
- Elite 3 (23 Wins)
- Gold 1 (20 Wins)
- Gold 2 (17 Wins)
- Gold 3 (14 Wins)
- Silver 1 (11 Wins)
- Silver 2 (8 Wins)
- Silver 3 (6 Wins)
- Bronze 1 (4 Wins - 5 matches required to rank)
- Bronze 2 (2 Wins - 5 matches required to rank)
- Bronze 3 (0 Wins - 5 matches required to rank)
These may be subject to change once the game fully releases.
Every rank will reward you with a varying amount of coins, packs and FUT Champions points.
Rewards are distributed every Thursday at 08:00 GMT, which is 09:00 UTC.
To earn the most basic rewards, you need to play at least 5 games of FUT Champions.
If you win 6 games, you will get a player pick pack. A player pick pack lets you choose from a selection of player from the most recent Team of the Week selection.
Players from all packs are tradable, but player picks are not.
Work hard and achieve 14 wins and you will earn enough FUT Champions points for the next week (meaning you wont need to qualify through Division Rivals).
For a full list of rewards, click here.
There are no major restrictions in FUT Champions, other than the fact you are not allowed to use Concept Players or Attribute Items.
You are allowed to use loan players as you would in any other mode.
Tips And Tricks
Here are some simple tips and tricks to help you in FUT Champions:
- Play with your best team and tactics at all times because the competition will be fierce.
- There is a degree of skill-based matchmaking in FUT Champions. The more you win, the harder your opponents will get so you need to make sure you're ready for every challenge.
- Try to play at off-peak times as this is when the servers can get overloaded causing lag and button delay.
- In the past, Gold 3 has been the most beneficial finish for rewards as it seems to payout with more lucrative players in packs
- If you can't make the next rank, don't spend more time than you need to in FUT Champions. If you're feeling generous, why not reward a win to your opponent?