Tundra, the London based esports team with a roster comprised of some of the best FIFA players in the world, has announced that they will partner with both TikTok and Kappa for the upcoming season, as well as revealing its new roster.
The new squad will feature 2018 FIFA eWorld Cup Champion Musaed “Msdossary” Al-Dossary, Anton "klenoff" Klenov, Damian "damie" Augustyniak and Stepan "Funkbraza" Mikhovich, with Enzo Serre stepping into the role of Head Coach.
Tundra Announces FIFA 21 Roster, TikTok and Kappa Partnerships and Rebrand
The news comes alongside a rebrand, with new kits provided by Kappa. Check out the kit reveal below.
As for the players, the team looks like a "who's who" of FIFA talent.
- Musaed "Msdossary" Al-Dossary - 2018 FIFA eWorld Cup Champion, back-to-back Xbox World Champion
- Anton “klenoff” Klenov - RESF Russian Interactive Football Cup Champion and member of the 2019 eNations Cup Russian National Team
- Damian “damie” Augustyniak - 2019 Gfinity Elite Series Series 4 Champion and ranked top four in the 2019 FIFA eClub World Cup
- Stepan “Funkbraza” Mikhovich - 2020 MC Vulkan FIFA Series #1 Champion and RESF Russian Interactive Football Cup Xbox runner up
- Enzo Serre (Head Coach) - Former Fnatic and AS Roma Head Coach of FIFA 18 & 19 back to back Gfinity Elite Series Champions.
In a press release, Michael Munro, the organisation's co-founder, said the following:
"We have a very clear objective, which is to be the best and most exciting esports team to watch, and we will only achieve this by going back to the roots of esports, with an absolute focus on performance and achieving competitive success."
“We believe we’ve created a truly peerless international line-up of players for the FIFA 21 season, and this is complemented by the support of two of the most influential and esteemed brands in the world in TikTok and Kappa. We don’t believe in starting small, and this is only the beginning of what we want to achieve.”
Jana Ulaite, Head of Brand and Partnerships Marketing, TikTok Europe had this to say about the partnership:
“Esports has found a natural home on TikTok, with gaming content already proving to be hugely popular in our community. Our users love to share their winning gameplays, rituals and triumphs, while also watching the best in the business go head to head in international tournaments. We’re delighted to be partnering with Tundra to bring even more esports content onto TikTok.“
UK Sales Manager for Kappa, Dave Bandell, noted that "esports is very much at the forefront of our strategy going forward and we believe the global appeal of Tundra is very much aligned with our own. We look forward to supplying the famous Omni logo on their playing shirts and other products in the very near future.