The new event is a surprise to many as EA continues to include new and inventive ways to play FUT at this late stage in the game's cycle.
Pre-Season is heavily themed around FIFA 21 and the concluding seasons around the world.
The new event features RTTF Tournament Boosts, special FUT 21 unlocks, Champions League Showdowns, Half-time Squad Building Challenges and an overhaul to the Weekend League Rewards.
Pre-Season League Road To The Final SBC Henrikh Mkhitaryan Is In FUT 20
Road to final Henrikh Mkhitaryan has arrived, check it out below:
+90 TOTS So Far SBC - 30th July
A new SBC will guarantee players get a 90+ TOTS So Far player.
To complete the SBC, you will need to submit a team with the following requirements:
- 1 TOTS So Far, TOTW or TOTW Moments card
- 82 rated team
- 30 chemistry
- 11 players in the squad
Valverde UCL Road To The Final SBC - 29th July
UCL Boosted Frederico Valverde is now available as an SBC in FUT.
To complete the SBC, you'll need to submit a squad with the following requirements:
- 1 Real Madrid player
- 83 rated team
- 60 chemistry
- 11 players
With this player being worth roughly 55k coins, it's definitely worth picking up.
TOTW - 29th July
This week's TOTW features TOTY Alexander-Arnold and Kevin De Bruyne as 'Best Of' re-releases.
Play FUT 20 To Unlock Rewards In FUT 21
For the first two and a half weeks of the FUT 20 Pre-Season, players will have the opportunity to earn rewards in FUT 21.
Players will have to complete objectives and squad building challenges in FUT 20 to unlock the rewards.
You can check out the rewards below:
- x2 Coin boosts (5 games x 500 coins)
- FUT 20 Icon Home Kit
- FUT 20 Future Stars Kit
- Anchor Chemistry Style
- Engine Chemistry Style
RTTF Tournament Boosts
Road to the Final items from teams still competing in the Champions or Europa Leagues will receive a +3 OVR ratings boost.
Items will receive a further boost if their team reaches the Europa or Champions League final.
Champions League Showdowns
Showdown Squad Building Challenges are back but this time with a twist!
They have been re-introduced as Champions League Showdowns and will cover to the period of the competition.
SBCs will be made available for a limited time up until match day with one player representing each team from the highlighted matchup.
The special Champions League Showdown item from the team that advances from the matchup will get a one-time permanent +3 OVR stats boost.
Half-time Squad Building Challenges
During the halftime break of select Champions and Europa League matches, limited-time puzzle Squad Building Challenges will be made available in FUT 20.
Weekend League Rewards
At the start of FUT Pre-Season, Weekend League rewards will be reset one more time in FUT 20.
Check out the details below:
- Top 100 - The 'Best of' 11 Players Pack will be replaced with the TOTSSF 11 Players Pack containing 11 TOTSSF player items from the Premier League, LaLiga, Bundesliga, Serie A, and Ligue 1.
- Elite 3 to Elite 1 -The 'Best Of' 3 Players Pack will be replaced with the TOTTSF 3 Player Pack containing 3 TOTSSF player items from the Premier League, LaLiga, Bundesliga, Serie A, and Ligue 1.
- Gold 2+ - A minimum of 1 TOTSSF item from the Premier League, LaLiga, Bundesliga, Serie A, and Ligue 1 will be in any Player Pick earned.
- Silver 1+ - Any player items earned from Player Pick packs will be TOTSSF items.
- Silver 2 and 3 - Any player items earned from Player Pick packs will be TOTSSF items and will be capped at 88 OVR.