In the previous article in this series, we focused on the best defensive rated players in FIFA Ultimate Team, this time, we’re focusing on the other end of the pitch.
In this year’s instalment of FIFA, pace is NOT the most important attribute. Due to the new mechanics, it’s vital that your strikers have a high enough finishing stat in order to put the ball in the back of the net when it matters the most.
In FIFA 16, the newly defined orientations of the foot and ankle movements opens the door for a greater variety in shot types and will result in more exciting goals and more importantly, more ways to beat your oppositions keeper. No longer will you be forced to use a speedster to break the back line and secure a simple 1 on 1 scenario!
As a result, this year, possessing a striker who can score goals on a consistent basis couldn’t be more important. You know what they always say, if you don’t score, you can’t win. So today, we’re going to look at the 10 most clinical finishers in FIFA 16.
10. Carlos Tévez 88 Finishing - Boca Juniors (Argentina) 88 Shooting Overall
9. Robert Lewandowski 88 Finishing - FC Bayern Munich (Poland) 85 Shooting Overall
8. Thomas Müller 89 Finishing - FC Bayern Munich (Germany) 84 Shooting Overall
7. Gonzalo Higuaín 89 Finishing - S.S.C. Napoli (Argentina) 84 Shooting Overall
6. Diego Costa 90 Finishing - Chelsea F.C. (Spain) 83 Shooting Overall
5. Luis Suárez 90 Finishing - FC Barcelona (Uruguay) 88 Shooting Overall
4. Zlatan Ibrahimović 90 Finishing - Paris Saint-Germain F.C. (Sweden) 90 Shooting Overall
3. Sergio Agüero 90 Finishing - Manchester City F.C. (Argentina) 87 Shooting Overall
2. Lionel Messi 93 Finishing - FC Barcelona (Argentina) 88 Shooting Overall
1. Cristiano Ronaldo 95 Finishing - Real Madrid C.F. (Portugal) 93 Shooting Overall
In my opinion I’m surprised to see Diego Costa so highly rated in the list. Yes, he’s a great goal scorer, but is his finishing ability really on par with the likes of Suárez, Ibrahimović and Agüero? I’m not so sure…
It’s also interesting to note that four of the top ten finishers in FIFA 16 are Argentinian. Potentially allowing someone, with a lot of coins, to build an incredibly clinical team.
Here’s what I came up with:
What do you make of the Top 10 finishers? Do you agree with the list? Who should be included that isn’t and who’s made the cut that doesn’t deserve it?
For more FIFA 16 tips and rankings make sure you check out our other articles here.
Keep up to date with all the latest gaming and eSports news via our Twitter: @Gfinity.