Fallout 76 is headed into its fourth season and we’re here to explain all the key details you need to know ahead of launch.
Keep reading and you'll discover the release date, release time, server downtime latest as well as all the key info on the new features coming to the game.
But first, let's take a look at the Season 4 Locked & Loaded Update deep dive trailer.
Fallout 76 - Season 4 Release Date
Good news, Wastelanders. The update will launch on April 27, but it arrives on the Fallout 76 PTS (Public Test Server) today, March 12th.
Fallout 76 - Season 4 Release Time
There's no official release time for the new season, but we do know when the game will enter maintenance. So you can likely expect the new update to be available a good few hours after Maintenance begins.
Based on previous launches, we would expect the new Season 4 Locked and Loaded content to be live by 7pm BST.
Now you're probably wondering when the maintenance is taking place, so let's tell you...
Fallout 76 - Season 4 Server Maintenance
Server maintenance starts at 7:00 am ET on April 27, which is 12pm BST for those in the UK.
During downtime, you will be unable to log into or play Fallout 76.
Fallout 76 - Season 4 Theme
Season 4 will be dubbed 'Locked and Loaded', and it'll introduce SPECIAL Loadouts and CAMP Slots, as per earlier roadmaps (although these were delayed due to extreme weather in Texas).
We'll update this more as we find out what else is included, a dev stream below shines a light on these new core features.
Fallout 76 - Season 4 Rewards
Bethesda updated the Fallout 76 website with a list of rewards Season 4 is bringing.
- Power armour – Align yourself with Commissioner Chaos by stepping into Yukon Five themed power armour paints.
- Weapon skins – Strike fear into your foes with the Death’s Breath Flamer skin. You’ll also be able to earn new paints for the Gatling Plasma, Lever Action Rifle, and more.
- C.A.M.P. objects – Farm your very own honey with the new beehive. Then, dazzle your visitors with the Tree Branch chandelier, new wallpapers, floors, and even a gold toilet!
- Nuka-Cola Collectron – With this new bot in your CAMP, you won’t need to spend any more time scavenging the Wasteland for a refreshing Nuka-Cola.
- Backpack Flairs – Show off your love for the Power Patrol by decorating your backpack with action figures of your favourite characters.
- Tadpole Badges – Fill your Tadpole Scout sash with even more badges by ranking up, and then turn them in at a Pioneer Scouts vending machine to claim Scout-themed rewards.
- Sugar-free Nukashine – All the benefits of everyone’s favourite party beverage, with none of the syrupy aftertaste (or sudden memory loss)!
- Carry Weight Booster – Take a swig of this buffed up brew to carry an additional 50 pounds for 30 minutes.
Fallout 76 - Season 4 New Features
- S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts – Adapt your characters to every new challenge you face in Appalachia with S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts. After level 25, you can use a “Punch Card Machine” in your C.A.M.P. and at Train Stations to completely reset your S.P.E.C.I.A.L., change up your Perk Cards, and then name and save your new setup into one of two loadout slots.
- C.A.M.P. Slots – The addition of C.A.M.P. Slots will allow you to build out a brand-new home in Appalachia without giving up your existing abode. We’ve also made significant adjustments to Display Cases and Vending Machines so that they’re more flexible when you’ve got more than one C.A.M.P. Watch our Dev Dive video and read this article to learn all about C.A.M.P. Slots and S.P.E.C.I.A.L. Loadouts directly from the dev team.
- Daily Ops Expansion – Featuring an all-new game mode, new locations, enemies, mutations, and rewards, this update nearly doubles every aspect of Daily Ops. Get more insights by joining the developers in our Dev Dive video, and by reading this article on Fallout.com.
- Season 4 Begins – Team up with Armor Ace and the Power Patrol as they square off against Commissioner Chaos and the Yukon Five during Season 4, which introduces a new Scoreboard, 100 ranks to achieve, and tons of rewards to claim along the way. Catch everything you need to know about Season 4 by visiting the Seasons page on Fallout.com, and by reading this article.
- Mannequins – Are your outfits gathering dust in your Stash? Put some of your favorites on display for all of your C.A.M.P. visitors to admire with a set of male and female Apparel Mannequins, which you can unlock by ranking up this Season.
- Aim Assist – We’ve added an Aim Assist toggle to the game settings so that players who use controllers can set their sights on enemies and stay on target a little more effectively.
- World Activity Updates – Stay on top of all the action in your current world with updates to the World Activity Menu, which will now display active events, nuke zones, nearby player Vendors, and more.
- Crafting Sliders – Forge a whole stack of items all at once with the new slider that will appear when you’re hard at work crafting at your Workbenches.
- Melee Improvements – We’ve made some tweaks and improvements for melee and unarmed attacks so that your strikes ring true more consistently.
- Treasure Hunter Rewards – Treasure Hunter Mole Miners are always uncovering new valuables in the Wasteland. Following the update, their Mole Miner Pails have the chance to drop some brand-new rewards during “Hunt for the Treasure Hunter” events.
There's even more to Fallout 76 Locked and Loaded, and we've got the patch notes to prove it.