Back in June, Fallout 76 made one of the biggest changes to the game since it first launched way back in 2018.
After three successful content drops which added plenty of new features and content, Bethesda instead turned their attention to a new seasonal model.
This is effectively a battle pass in the style of Fortnite that players level up. But in true Fallout tradition, it's made to look like a classic board game.
The game's first Season, called 'The Legendary Run', certainly seemed to hit the spot for players and revitalised the game once again.
The new season, titled 'Armor Ace and the Power Patrol', will once again introduce new content for players to unlock and some swanky looking new rewards too.
So ahead of the game's second season kicking off, here's everything you need to know, including what time it's all dropping, an early look at some preliminary patch notes, and a rundown of some major changes to the game, too.
Fallout 76 Season 2 Release Date and Start Time
Season 2 of Fallout 76 will start the moment Update 22 is released on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
In the most recent 'Inside the Vault' blogpost Bethesda announced that this will begin rolling out to players on September 15.
In terms of the new Season start time, we usually see these updates released in the afternoon, around 3pm GMT for those in the UK.
It's also likely that we'll see some from of server maintenance required before the new season is released. Anything from one hour to several hours (based on our past experience with the game).
Nothing concrete has been announced just yet with regards to start times or downtime, but we imagine Bethesda Support on Twitter will be announcing something later today. So keep your eyes peeled on their social or turn on notifications for regular updates.
Expect the same sort of thing for this update, though the downtime may be slightly longer.
It's also worth noting that the current season of content will run through till mid-December. So we can probably expect a new Season to drop just before the holiday period. How's that for an early Christmas present.
Fallout 76 Season 2 - New S.C.O.R.E. Board
Like before, Season 2 will have an all-new S.C.O.R.E. board and 100 ranks to level up, each offering new rewards from caps to consumables and even some special cosmetic items.
As per Bethesda, each rank-up should take between one and two hours of play time, with earlier ranks taking closer to one hour, and later ranks nearing two.
There's a bunch of new power armor too, with the 'Ace Full Assault Power Armor Paint' the ultimate goal at rank 100.
Once again, this seasonal content model is free for all players. But you can also buy atoms to help you level up quicker should you want to splash the cash.
Also in a change, rank-up purchases will be purchasable immediately at the start of the Season - no more waiting two weeks like with Season 1. So if you fancied it you could unlock all 100 season ranks using atoms straight away.
Fallout 76 Season 2 - Major Changes
We'll turn this one over to Bethesda to explain, but the gist is that season 2 will also see some major changes to the game which are worth keeping in mind before you jump into the new content.
Take it away Bethesda:
"This Season, we’re making a few adjustments that you may want to keep in mind before you join the fight to crush the Red Vipers."
"We’re adding a number of last Season’s rewards, like Lunchboxes, the Ammo Converter, and Chicken Coop, among others, to Gold Bullion vendors. This will give players who missed these items during The Legendary Run another chance to snatch them up.
Additionally, we’re implementing some new Dailies and Weeklies, like Daily Ops themed Challenges, to offer you even more day-to-day variety as you progress through the Season.
"We’ve also been reading feedback from players who don’t have quite as much time to play each day as they would like. As a result, we’re planning to add some more Weeklies to the Challenge lineup so that players have more flexibility to rank up on their own schedules.
"Finally, Double S.C.O.R.E. events are also going to make a comeback. There will be several Double S.C.O.R.E. events throughout the Season, and each will offer you the ability to rake in twice as much S.C.O.R.E. from your Daily Challenges for a short time."
Fallout 76 Season 2 Rewards
Those keen to know what Bethesda has in store for them, don't worry, below are the rewards obtained from all 100 ranks in Fallout 76 Season 2. If you want a closer look, you can also see all ranks on the link: fallout.bethesda.net/en/seasons
- Rank 2 - Armor Ace Player Icon
- Rank 3 - Health Kit
- Rank 4 - Military Foot Locker Stash Box
- Rank 5 - Weight Bench
- Rank 6 - Red Viper Wood Armor Paint
- Rank 7 - Lunchbox x 3
- Rank 8 - Wooden Log Door
- Rank 9 - Medium Vault-Tec Supply Package
- Rank 10 - 150 Atoms
- Rank 11 - Caps x 2500
- Rank 12 - Red Viper Leather Armor Paint
- Rank 13 - Large Vault-Tec Supply Package
- Rank 14 - Brickhouse's Armor Ace Paint (Pump Action Shotgun)
- Rank 15 - Perk Card Pack x 1
- Rank 16 - Legendary Scrip x 50
- Rank 17 - Lunchbox x 3
- Rank 18 - Armor Ace Power Armor T-45 Paint
- Rank 19 - Ship in a Bottle
- Rank 20 - 150 Atoms
- Rank 21 - Gold Bullion x 50
- Rank 22 - Red Viper Metal Armor Paint
- Rank 23 - Rad Kit
- Rank 24 - Armor Ace Photomode Frame
- Rank 25 - Vault-Tec Foosball Table
- Rank 26 - Perk Card Pack x 1
- Rank 27 - Lunchbox x 3
- Rank 28 - Armor Ace Power Armor T-51 Paint
- Rank 29 - Vintage Nukashine x 12
- Rank 30 - 150 Atoms
- Rank 31 - Caps x 2500
- Rank 32 - Officer's Gas Mask
- Rank 33 - Scrap Kit x 3
- Rank 34 - Subjugator Player Icon
- Rank 35 - Perk Card Pack x 1
- Rank 36 - Legendary Scrip x 100
- Rank 37 - Lunchbox x 3
- Rank 38 - Armor Ace Power Armor Excavator Paint
- Rank 39 - Army Base Floor and Foundations
- Rank 40 - 150 Atoms
- Rank 41 - Nuke KeyCards x 5
- Rank 42 - Red Viper Robot Armor Paint
- Rank 43 - Basic Repair Kit x 3
- Rank 44 - I See No Evil Pose
- Rank 45 - Perk Card Pack x 1
- Rank 46 - Red Viper Fatigues
- Rank 47 - Lunchbox x 3
- Rank 48 - Armor Ace Power Armor T-60 Paint
- Rank 49 - 150 Atoms
- Rank 50 - West Virginia Electric Train Set
- Rank 51 - 150 Atoms
- Rank 52 - Gold Bullion x 50
- Rank 53 - Red Viper Combat Armor Paint
- Rank 54 - Watching You Emote
- Rank 55 - Perk Card Pack x 1
- Rank 56 - Armor Ace Wallpaper
- Rank 57 - Lunchbox x3
- Rank 58 - Armor Ace X-01 Power Armor Paint
- Rank 59 - Rust Bucket Hammer (Super Sledge)
- Rank 60 - 150 Atoms
- Rank 61 - Legendary Scrip x 250
- Rank 62 - Red Viper Scout Armor Paint
- Rank 63 - Scrap Kit x 6
- Rank 64 - I Hear No Evil Pose
- Rank 65 - Perk Card Pack x 1
- Rank 66 - Brickhouse Player Icon
- Rank 67 - Lunchbox x 3
- Rank 68 - Armor Ace Ultracite Power Armor Paint
- Rank 69 - Armor Ace Laser Shooting Gallery
- Rank 70 - 150 Atoms
- Rank 71 - Gold Bullion x 100
- Rank 72 - Red Viper Marine Armor Paint
- Rank 73 - Basic Repair Kit x6
- Rank 74 - Power Patrol Player Icon
- Rank 75 - Perk Card Pack x 2
- Rank 76 - Brotherhood of Steel Field Station
- Rank 77 - Lunchbox x 3
- Rank 78 - Armor Ace Power Armor T-65 Paint
- Rank 79 - Red Viper Skin (Handmade Rifle)
- Rank 80 - 150 Atoms
- Rank 81 - Legendary Scrip x 250
- Rank 82 - Red Viper Secret Service Armor
- Rank 83 - Scrap Kit x 15
- Rank 84 - I Speak No Evil Pos
- Rank 85 - Perk Card Pack x 2
- Rank 86 - Armor Ace Backpack
- Rank 87 - Lunchbox x 6
- Rank 88 - Armor Ace Jetpack
- Rank 89 - Mind Blown Emote
- Rank 90 - 150 Atoms
- Rank 91 - Gold Bullion x 100
- Rank 92 - Tank Helmet
- Rank 93 - Basic Repair Kit x 15
- Rank 94 - Special Issue Gauss Pistol Paint
- Rank 95 - Perk Card Pack x 3
- Rank 96 - The Subjugator Mask
- Rank 97 - Lunchbox x 9
- Rank 98 - The Subjugator Outfit
- Rank 99 - Greenhouse Set
- Rank 100 - Armor Ace Eagle Stein, 500 Atoms, Armor Ace Gameboard, Ace Full Assault Player Icon, Ace Full Assault Power Armor Paint
Stay tuned for more news and updates for Fallout 76 Season 2 on September 15.