It's almost time to get stuck into Fall Guys Season 3 as they tease up a festive flurry of new content.
The Season 2 update only released back in October, meaning Fall Guys means business when it comes to the longevity of its game.
The new season will bring a festive Winter theme to it as we enter the coldest months of the year.
The new season has now been revealed during the Game Awards 2020!
Here's everything we know about Season 3 of Fall Guys.
Click the links below for the latest news on Fall Guys Season 3:
- Latest News
- Release Date
- What's New?
- Crown Ranks
- New Stages
- Custom Lobbies
- Season 3 Rewards
Season 3 Rolling Out - 15th December
Season 3 has started to roll out to players but matchmaking has been paused due to a few technical errors.
Crown Rewards - 14th December
PlayStation Blog has revealed the new loading screen!
Photo via PlayStation Blog
Skins - 6th December
Fall Guys has posted four the costumes coming with the new season!
Check them out below.
— Fall Guys ? (@FallGuysGame)
Season 3 Theme Confirmed - 26th November
After setting a task to players, which involved building a jigsaw puzzle, the new theme has been confirmed to be Winter!
Confirmed during the Game Awards, the new season will release on December 15th, 2020.
- Tundra Run
- Freezy Peak
- Ski Fall
- Pegwin Pursuit
- Snowy Scrap
- Thin Ice
- Roll Off
- Crown Ranks! Now the crowns you’ve won will help you climb through the ranks and unlock exclusive rewards.
- Stay up-to-date on Fall Guys news and announcements with the new in-game Bulletin feature.
- You can now link your Amazon Prime account to Fall Guys for exclusive in-game rewards.
- The Show Selector will have a clear indicator for when new shows are available.
- Improved in-game messaging for various errors and connectivity dialogues.
- Improved performance and visuals of transparency effect when Fall Guys are occluded by geometry.
- [Steam Only] Early Access release of Private Streamer Lobbies is now available! This is invitation-only for now and requires 40-60 players to start a custom match.
- [PS4] The camera sensitivity slider has more degrees of freedom
- Fall Mountain: improved the issue where grabbing the crown sometimes does not end the level. We will monitor this fix through launch!
- Royal Fumble: the invisible platform has been removed.
- Perfect Match: fixed issue with spawning next to the spinner.
- Physics: Fixed ball objects being jittery or non-responsive in levels like Hoarders.
- Item Shop: Fixed certain items not coming into the store.
- Parties: Further improved groups stability in certain cases.
- UI: Certain language fonts had missing or corrupt characters.
- Show Selector: Searching for multiple shows will now correctly display the show landed on during matchmaking.
- Levels: Fixed the Score and Elimination of UI in-game on certain levels.
- Levels: Bugfixes across most of the rounds.
Fall Guys are now introducing Crown Ranks.
The more Crowns you grab, the higher your Crown Rank rises.
Players will unlock a world of curious and highly desirable rewards, including exclusive Colours and Patterns.
Players will also be able to get Golden Costumes!
Theme, Skins And Costumes
Last season's theme was Medievil and with it came many mythical and inventive costumes to kit out your bean.
We also received plenty of collaborations such as the Untitled Goose Game - we're confident more will arrive in the new season.
This season, we'll be getting a Winter theme with skins such as a Penguin and Snowman.
The Shop will likely be updated regularly to add new outfits to choose from.
So far there are three confirmed stags:
- Tundra Run: Dodge snowballs, punchers and flippers as you race to the finish line.
- Freezy Peak: Use blizzard fans and flippers to ascend the peak in this crazy race round.
- Ski Fall: Climb a giant ice slide and dive through (bronze, silver and gold) rings to score points to help you qualify.
- Pegwin Pursuit: Chase down and hold the Pegwin to score points for your team
- Snowy Scrap: Roll your team’s Snowball over snow patches to make it larger; the last team to hit 100% are eliminated.
- Thin Ice: Similar to Hex-a-gone, players must move across layers of breakable ice to avoid falling into the slime; the last bean still standing wins.
- Roll Off: A Final round variant of Roll Out with rising slime
Here's the Season 3 Trailer shown at The Game Award
Fall Guys is only available on PC and PS4 at this time; with the game being the most downloaded PlayStation Plus game of all time.
We're expecting new platforms to join this elite club soon, with the Xbox One and Nintendo Switch up next.
Mobile devices will surely receive the game in the future, as China has already been granted the license to develop a mobile version called 'Jelly Bean Man: Ultimate Knock Out'.
The new season will be free-to-play for anyone that owns the game.
In-game purchases may be present.
Custom Lobbies may be added to Fall Guys at some point in the future.
While it's ambitious to expect it in Season 3, we can always be optimistic that it may arrive in this new update.
In an interview with The Loadout, Joe Walsh who works for Mediatonic; the developer behind Fall Guys. Joe had a lot of interesting information regarding the game's future, including some details on the release of custom lobbies.
"Fall Guys is ultimately a TV show, and people want to be the director, they want to run their own show. We totally hear the demand for that, but it'll take us a little while to figure out what that looks like exactly. But it's on our list of things to do."
This would be an amazing feature that would allow players to compete against their friends in new and whacky ways.
That's not all, cross-play may also come to Fall Guys!
Again, while it's tough to see this being added in Season 3, it's a big possibility with huge potential once more platforms are added.
Joe Walsh who works for Fall Guy's developer Mediatonic noted the following in an interview with The Loadout:
"We're still committed to it. I think we're committed to it even more than we were before."
However, Joe also notes that there is "nothing new on that front, I'm afraid,".
So as of now, we know they are working on the cross-play feature so that is always a plus!
Season 3 Rewards
We're expecting up to 40 new items to become available in Season 3, unlocked by progressing through episodes and levelling up.
Season 2 included the following rewards:
- 19,500 Kudos
- 3 Crowns
- 2 Emotes
- 1 Celebration
- 5 Lower costume parts
- 5 Upper costume parts
- 2 Faceplates
- 7 Colours
Players will again need to collect Fame to rank up their Season Pass.