With Valorant recently entering its third act for episode one, a new patch has now gone live.
1.12 comes shortly after the disaster that was update 1.11 - something that Riot has publicly said has forced us to reevaluate what it takes to raise the quality bar for patch days going forward.
This new patch is quite light in comparison to past patches.
Updates to the Observer and the social panel are the stars this time around, along with some bug fixes.
Here are the full patch notes.
1.12 Patch Notes
This patch should go live today - 10th November.
Act Rank Badges are disabled in-game while we investigate a potential issue where they may be causing performance hitches in-game. Your Act Rank Badge will still display in Competitive lobbies, map load in, and on the end-of-game screen.
GAME SYSTEMS UPDATES
- Observers no longer hear ping audio
- Improved sightline visibility in well-lit areas
- Added Game State Modification cheat to allow moderators to adjust various aspects of the game (player stats, money, etc.) in a tournament setting
- Rolled back fixed team colours change from 1.11
- We have redesigned the Open/Close Party toggle to make it easier for players to understand whether they are in an open or closed party
- Observers will now appear as “in-game” in the social panel
- Observers can now view and type in /all chat in custom games
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Added a new user interface for custom game observers during character select
- Fixed a bug where leaving/disconnecting from a Custom Game would result in a VAL-51 error, requiring the game to be remade in order for the player to rejoin
- Fixed a bug in the end-of-game screen after an Icebox match that displayed Haven’s map, and would incorrectly display timeline markers
- Fixed issue where players could target mid-air (dropped) weapons with some abilities
- Left-handed mode: fixed recoil animation being incorrectly mirrored (mismatching actual weapon recoil)
- Fixed overlapping Observer UI when a player is planting/defusing
- Fixed inconsistent team colouring on minimap pings
- Fixed rare issue where Observer camera transition visuals could get stuck when swapping between player views