Valorant has seen an ample amount of updates in recent times, and this one could be one of the best.
Let's take a look at what's coming!
Update 1.08 Patch Notes
- Initial damage reduced to 15, with an internal radius of 0.2m and drops to a minimum damage of 5.
- When the charge hits the ground, it arms after 0.5 seconds and increases its maximum damage to 50.
- Firing the explosive package causes it to detonate and deal its current amount of damage. -Charge no longer damages allies.
- Guardian Upgrade
- Lowered its price from 2500 >>> 2400.
- Improved its rate of fire from 4.75 >>> 5.25 BPS (rounds per second).
- Weapon recovery improved from 0.35 after 3 rounds to 0.2925 after 3 rounds.
Map Rotation Changes
The possible group of maps they can appear in is now ''almost'' random, rather than entirely.
That means, if they've just played Haven, matchmaking will de-prioritize that map in the next game.
We made an update to matchmaking all modes so that it measures all the maps you have recently played on in each mode.
In that sense, for each determined mode: They will have a better chance of playing on a map that they haven't played recently. They will be less likely to play the same map multiple times in a row.
- Matchmaking queue for all modes has been updated to measure all your recently played maps, throughout all modes, so that for any given queue you:
- Have a better chance of playing on a map you haven’t played recently
- Are much less likely to play on the same map several games in a row
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Observers will now see a timer rather than their screen being obscured when observing a player who is blinded
- Minimap performance improvements
- The social panel will now pause sorting while you’re hovering or interacting with it
- Updated verbiage in the All Ranks modal in the Career page to be more consistent with Competitive overtime rules
- Prime Classic VFX fixed
- Fixed a bug where the End of Game screen would display a “Still processing” message, and then wouldn’t show that match in your Career tab
- Fixed a bug where “High Skill Disparity” would display in Custom Game Lobbies