The release of the next-generation consoles is one of the most anticipated events of the holiday season.
Gamers all over the world cannot wait to get their hands on the new hardware, and it seems the PS5 winning the new console wars.
If you are looking to play some PS4 games on the PS5 you will need to get up to speed on how to transfer the games over!
Sony has posted an official support page detailing all you need to know about backwards compatibility and other notes.
This page goes into further detail regarding what games you will not be able to play from the PS4, which we have covered here.
They also note the method about how you are going to transfer PS4 games over to the PS5 if you have purchased them digitally.
Here are the steps:
Playing PS4 game discs on a PS5 console with a disc drive
- Insert the PS4 game disc. You may need to download an update
- Select the game hub from your Games home
- You will need to keep the disc inserted each time to play the game
Transfer digital games from a PS4 console to a PS5 console
- You can transfer digital games and saved data from a PS4 console to a PS5 console using WiFi data transfer.
- You can access PS4 games on a PS5 console directly from a PS5 extended storage drive.
If you are looking to install a PS4 digital game on the PS5 here are the steps:
- Select game library from your Games home.
- Select the game you want to play.
- If you haven't already downloaded the game, select Download.
- The game will install automatically. Depending on the game, you may have the option to copy and play a portion of the game right away.
Pretty simple right? The article also notes the controllers that will be compatible with the PS5 along with more details on backwards compatibility.