On May 19th - 20th, the Copper Box Arena will play host to world’s first public showing of Gran Turismo Sport, as PlayStation and Polyphony Digital host the FIA Gran Turismo Championship!
The event will culminate the first eSports event officially endorsed by motorsport’s governing body and the first-ever, hands-on play experience of Gran Turismo Sport, as the most talented racers from across Europe, The Americas, and Asia, compete for the pre-season Nations Cup and the pre-season Manufacturer Cup.
You can watch all the action live on PlayStation’s official YouTube channel, as Ben Edwards, Toniemcee, and GT Planet’s Jordan Greer guide you through the stream.
The event is scheduled to start at 6:30pm BST on Thursday, 19th May 2016 and is scheduled to conclude at 9:00pm BST.
A full schedule can be found below:
- 6:45pm BST – 7:00pm BST: Run down of the day’s events, news and a showcase of the brand new GT SPORT trailer.
- 7:00pm BST – 8:30pm BST: Nations Cup Pre-Season Test and the Manufacturer Fan Cup Pre-Season Test of the FIA Gran Turismo Championships [not necessarily in order]:
- The Manufacturer Fan Cup Pre-Season Test
- The Nations Cup Pre-Season Test
- 8:30pm BST – 9:00pm BST: Trophy ceremonies [1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each cup]
In addition to this, fans will be able to attend a community event on Friday, May 20th 2016, where there will be a creative discussion session with Gran Turismo Producer Kazunori Yamauchi and his development team, a physical driving experience outside the venue and 8 full scale Vision Gran Turismo concept cars & 2 quarter scale models on display.
Tickets are available for reservation below, unfortunately, they are currently sold out.
Keep up to date with all the latest gaming and eSports news via our Twitter: @Gfinity.