12.11 OFFICIAL UPDATE - The next patch is imminent as Battlestate Games have now confirmed a EFT Server Wipe. Keep reading for more details.
Original Story - Escape From Tarkov (EFT) regularly utilizes game updates to further add new content to the game that can possibly make players stay and grind.
With that, the next game update is scheduled possibly within the next month or two. It will be patch 12.11, and EFT fans are already curious what could it offer to give the game a new take in terms of player experience.
Keep reading and we’ll dive deeper to know more about the upcoming patch 12.11 of Escape From Tarkov.
Escape From Tarkov Patch 12.11 Latest News
June 28, 2021 -
Battlestate Games have confirmed that a new Escape From Tarkov Server Wipe is coming with the introduction of patch 0.12.11. You can see this confirmed on the below tweet.
For the time being though, there's no word on precisely when the game servers will be wiped or indeed when update 12.11 will be released. Although we suspect it's coming in the next few days, so stay tuned for more info, shortly.
June 24, 2021 -
During an interview on Twitch on June 23 it was mentioned that Collimator red dots are being reworked. It was implied this would happen in the 'next patch', so we can imagine that the 12.11 has an optics rework of some sort. There's also been talk of an email from Battlestate Games going around which references a sale coming this weekend - June 25-26 - which arrives in time for the 0.12.11 update. Which as we all know, hasn't been released yet. More to follow, but it's possible the update is imminent. Have a watch of the video below for more details.
Escape From Tarkov Patch 12.11 - Director's Comments
The game’s director and game developers Battlestate Games; COO Nikita Buyanov mentioned some information about the upcoming Escape From Tarkov patch 12.11. It was summarized by user TarkovReporter on the official Reddit page of the game.
One of the most notable things he mentioned is patch 12.11’s ‘possible iteration of weapon malfunctions which will include misfires based on durability.’
Also, the stock weapons from traders might have a ‘range of durability,’ wherein there could be a possibility of having different tiers of weapon durability.
Sights may also be reworked in patch 12.11 to make these ‘closer to real-life.’ These could be seen in red dots and other add-ons. The game’s graphics could also be ‘redone from scratch' to make them ‘more beautiful and modern.’
Escape From Tarkov 12.11 - Will There Be A Server Wipe?
News of a possible wipe was also discussed by the director, and Buyanov mentioned that nothing was planned right now.
That being said, Nikta stated they're always looked to balance the games combat meta, which might be a consideration for when 12.11 drops.
Escape From Tarkov 12.11 - Patch Notes
So far, Battlestate Games has released a list of fixes in #EscapefromTarkov patch 0.12.11. This doesn't include changes and new additions introduced in this patch, though a full description has been promised to release later. So far, this is what we know.
- In some cases players wouldn’t spawn even after successful matching and would get back to the main menu.
- Totally silent movement of Shturman and his guards.
- The player hung on a blank screen after pressing the "Back" button on the treatment screen after a raid.
- The progress of the "Crafting" skill diverged between the client and the backend after production was completed.
- Inventory and animation of the player's hands hung when the player tried to move a cartridge from the chamber of the weapon in his hands to a full stack of ammunition.
- The difference in the actions of the character when switching between pressing and holding the keys. Strong and weak grenade throws now work the same way: held down the key, thrown by releasing the key, and does not depend on the aiming settings.
- The mods locked behind a quest did not unlock on the purchase screen for presets even after completing the quest.
- The consumption rate of the air filter was higher than necessary.
- At the moment of the weapon assembly in the presets menu - the separate weapon mod would be applied to the gun even if the gun already had such a mod on it.
- The production timer in the hideout, which has been partially cropped.
- The library did not speed up the "Crafting" and "Hideout management" skills.
- Bolt-catch animations would be replaced with a charging handle loading one.
- Hits on the neck protection worsened the condition of the helmet itself, not the condition of the neck protection.
- Saiga 12 and PP-9 Klin stocks would get folded together with a quick drop of the backpack.
- Inventory and animation of the player's hands hung if the player simultaneously opened the door with a key and threw a grenade.
- The transfer screen from scav layered onto the main menu screen after restarting the game on the transfer screen.
- The player could not go sideways through the doorway.
- Filters for food and medicine that did not work in the player's stash.
- Quest "The Punisher. Part 4." which could be done without the scav vest.
- “Strength”, “Stamina”, and “Stealth” movement progress was not properly counted during the raid.
- Weapon mastering progress was not properly counted during the raid.
- Character's empty hand animation at a distance.
- The player with empty hands could not drop the backpack.
- Incorrect sensitivity on the mechanical sight on the ACOG.
- The remaining generator runtime counter was not synchronized between the fuel canisters and the generator itself.
- The observer was not able to see the grenade in the dropped backpack if the player put it in the backpack right out of his hands.
- The observer did not see the grenade that the player put on the ground right out of his hands.
- The sorting of lots by time of removal on the flea market did not work.
- The reticle on the MRS sight was placed below the alignment on the Vector and UMP.
- Breath sounds were not played if the player used up stamina with the Kiver visor down.
- Player would go to crouch position when trying to hide quest items from prone position.
- Changing the "Shadow visibility" setting was not applied during the raid.
- Hanging animation of the player's hands after reconnecting to the server at the moment of throwing a grenade.
- The "Apply" button on the treatment screen after a raid was active even when no treatment type was selected.
- Player wouldn’t get out of ADS mode when chamber-loading the gun.
- Medkits that removed the negative effect from a non-priority limb and left the priority limb untreated.
- Hands freeze when reloading some weapons via the context menu.
- Commission for putting a cultist knife with an incomplete supply of poison to the flea market.
- Discrete shadow movement from distant objects on high settings.
- Ability to load weapons with unexamined ammunition.
- The edit pocket map marker window did not close after loading into the raid.
- The lamp did not break for other players if you break it with a melee weapon.
- Unable to fill items by drag and drop when purchasing from a merchant.
- Game freeze when equipping an item from the letter during the transfer of items through the "get everything" button.
- The aiming magnification is not switched when re-installing the optical sight with the additional reflex sight.
- Change the icon of the position of the character, when you open the inventory while prone.
- Correcting the effects of light sources (flicker, glare).
- Abrupt change of the weapon model in the hands of a character when switching to another weapon.
- Inaccessibility of loot on the shelf, in the red room.
- Various audio fixes.
- Fixes for various problems related to the use of weapons and equipment.
- Fixes for various errors in trade and merchant services.
- Minor fixes to character stats.
- Fixes for various problems and exploits on locations.
- Fixes for some audio issues.
- Some graphics fixes and improvements.
- Some server bug fixes.
- Fixes for some backend issues.
- Fixes for some game interface elements.
- Some bug fixes in localization.
- Fixes for some bugs in offline raids.
- Physics optimization.
- Various graphics optimizations.
- Various server optimizations.
- Translation into Turkish available here, thanks to Veteran Emissary @Dimitri468
- Translation into German available here, thanks to our Austrian emissary and moderator @icelaptop
- Translation into Italian available here, thanks to our Italian emissary @ZioEnzo
Other Escape From Tarkov Info And Rumours
Aside from the information mentioned by Buyanov in the podcast, there are other details and rumours that can be considered.
It includes the transfer of EFT to Unity 2019 which may provide an easier experience to both developers and players in terms of optimization and visuals.
New enemy bosses are also being reported to be in development. A rework for the Factory, which is one of the first maps in the game is also rumoured.
There could be a lot in store from Escape From Trakov’s patch 12.11, so make sure to follow us for more news and updates about the game!