Could the newest expansion for The Elder Scrolls Online bring some old school players to the game?
The Gates of Oblivion seem to be heavily based off of Skyrim's predecessor.
Oblivion holds the award for the buggiest, most broken but must-loved game out there.
Fingers crossed we won't see anyone flying off of horses as we did previously.
Here's everything we know about The Elder Scrolls Online Gate Of Oblivion so far.
This title is lacking in information currently but we'll keep you in the loop as we find out more.
All we know about the release date so far is that Gates of Oblivion will launch sometime in 2021.
This is all the information we are given from the Game Awards reveal.
The Greymoor expansion came out May 2020 so it's likely we'll see it released around that time of year.
We should know more soon as the devs will be hosting an event on January 21st to reveal more details.
Watching the stream will also get you a Viridescent Dragon Frog pet as a Twitch drop.
You can check out The Elder Scrolls Online Gates of Oblivion teaser below.
WATCH THE GATES OF OBLIVION TEASER BELOW!
- Flames of Ambition (March 8 for PC/Mac and Stadia* and March 16 for Xbox One and PlayStation®4)
- Blackwood (June 1 for PC/Mac and Stadia* and June 8 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4)
- Unannounced Q3 DLC dungeon pack (date TBD)
- Unannounced Q4 DLC story zone (date TBD)
Pre-Order And Pre-Purchase Rewards
Pre-purchase The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood and you’ll receive the following in-game items at launch:
- Dremora Kynreeve Outfit
- Deadlands Wamasu Pet
- 1× Iron Atronach Crate
- 3× Blackwood Treasure Maps
- 2× Experience Scrolls
"Includes the base game and ALL previous Chapters (Morrowind, Summerset, Elsweyr, and Greymoor) in addition to Blackwood."
"Includes the Blackwood Chapter exclusively."
- The Elder Scrolls Online Collection: Blackwood
- The Elder Scroll Online Collection: Blackwood Collector’s Edition
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood Upgrade
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Blackwood Upgrade Collector’s Edition
The Collector’s Edition items include:
- Battlefield Nightmare Senche mount
- Jewel-Feathered Sep Adder pet
- Temporal Grimoire memento
- Deadlands Gladiator Outfit Style
- Offer Weapon emote
So far we only have the trailer to analyse the story to come in the next chapter.
It shows a wood elf having a nightmare.
In the dream, there's a long tunnel lit with torches.
It seems the book she's laying next to is the source of said nightmare.
The tunnel leads out to a barren fiery landscape.
When I saw this scene it took me back to playing The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, so they captured the expansion well.
The fourth game in the series came out in 2006 and it looks like the newest online expansion will be influenced heavily by it.
We expect players to have a new world or region to explore, no doubt we'll also get some new trails too.
We'll keep you updated as more information is released.