With just four series remaining in the group stage of the DOTA 2 AniMajor 2021, things are getting spicy as we head closer to the playoffs.
24 BO2 series have been played in the group stage during the first three days and the final day is supposed to feature the 4 series that will determine the future of the playoffs.
PSG.LGD have already guaranteed themselves an upper-bracket slot in the playoffs while four other teams battle it out for the final upper-bracket slot on the last day of the group stage.
DOTA 2 AniMajor Group Stage Day 2 Results
The second day of the DOTA 2 AniMajor featured a total of eight BO2 series.
The results from those series are:
- Team Spirit vs Vici Gaming ended in a draw, 1-1.
- Team Nigma defeated Team Liquid, 2-0.
- Evil Geniuses vs Vici Gaming ended in a draw, 1-1.
- PSG.LGD defeated Team Liquid. 2-0.
- Evil Geniuses vs beastcoast ended in a draw, 1-1.
- TNC Predator defeated beastcoast, 2-0.
- Team Spirit vs PSG.LGD ended in a draw. 1-1.
- TNC Predator defeated Team Nigma, 2-0.
DOTA 2 AniMajor Group Stage Day 3 Results
The third day of the DOTA 2 AniMajor also featured eight BO2 series.
The results from these series are:
- PSG.LGD defeated TNC Predator, 2-0.
- Vici Gaming defeated beastcoast, 2-0.
- PSG.LGD defeated Evil Geniuses, 2-0.
- Team Nigma defeated Vici Gaming, 2-0.
- Team Liquid vs TNC Predator ended in a draw, 1-1.
- Team Spirit vs beastcoast ended in a draw, 1-1.
- Team Liquid defeated Team Spirit, 2-0.
- Team Nigma vs Evil Geniuses ended in a draw, 1-1.
DOTA 2 AniMajor Group Stage Possible Outcomes
PSG.LGD is the only team to have qualified for the upper-bracket of the playoffs with a 10-2 record at the end of Day 3.
The four other teams in contention for an upper-bracket slot in the playoffs are:
- Team Nigma ended Day 3 with an 8-4 record.
- Vici Gaming ended Day 3 with a 7-5 record.
- Evil Geniuses ended Day 3 with a 6-6 record.
- TNC Predator also ended Day 3 with a 6-6 record.
Considering that every team has one BO2 series to play on the final day of the group stage, there are a variety of possible outcomes for each team. The criteria for each team to qualify for the upper-bracket of the playoffs are:
- Team Nigma needs to win their series against beastcoast to guarantee an upper-bracket slot.
- Vici Gaming needs to win against PSG.LGD and hope for beastcoast to defeat Team Nigma to qualify.
- Evil Geniuses needs to defeat Team Liquid and hope that both Team Nigma and Vici Gaming lose to force a tie-breaker.
- TNC Predator has to win against Team Spirit and hope that all the other three teams lose to enforce a tie-breaker.
Apart from the two upper-bracket slots, there are also four lower-bracket slots for teams to qualify for the playoffs.
Considering the fact that two teams will be eliminated at the end of the group stage, the final day will indeed be a treat for every DOTA 2 fan to witness.