Since the release of update 7.29d, DOTA 2 fans have had to wait for a very long time before receiving the next update. However, after the release of update 7.30 the previous week, DOTA 2 has already received a balancing mini-patch within 5 days of the main update's release.
Update 7.30b has brought balancing changes to five different heroes and two assorted items. While most of the balancing changes focus on nerfing heroes and items that have seen an unprecedented rise since the release of update 7.30, there is one hero who has received a notable buff in the new mini-patch.
Let's dive in and take a look at the new changes that were made with the release of update 7.30b in DOTA 2.
Only two items have received changes with the release of update 7.30b. These changes are:
Helm of the Overlord
The item's recipe cost has been increased from 1000 to 1250. This further puts the item's overall cost at 6300 instead of the previous 6050.
This item's recipe cost was increased from 350 to 500, putting the overall cost of Silver Edge at 5450 instead of the previous 5300.
Five different heroes have been hit by balancing changes in update 7.30b. Here are the changes:
- Level 15 Talent of additional health for Beastmaster Controlled Units reduced from 350 to 250. (Nerf)
- Agility growth increased from 3 to 3.4. (Buff)
- Insatiable Hunger damage increased from 35/40/45/50 to 35/45/55/65. (Buff)
- Howl Armor Reduction reduced from 5/6/7/8 to 4/5/6/7. (Nerf)
- Level 10 talent for Summon Wolves damage reduced from 20 to 15. (Nerf)
- Level 15 talent for Arcane Curse slow reduced from 10% to 8%. (Nerf)
- Level 20 talent for Last Word intelligence multiplier reduced from 1.5 to 1.2. (Nerf)
- Dark Pact mana cost increased from 60 to 75. (Nerf)
- Level 15 talent for Dark Pact damage reduced from 80 to 70. (Nerf)
How will these changes affect DOTA 2?
Considering the changes that were made with update 7.30b, it seems clear that the heroes who found themselves in an extremely powerful position have been handed nerfs. However, the buff for Broodmother can be very interesting. Given that the hero was almost playable with the nerf to her movement speed bonus, this new buff could spell the hero's return to the in-game meta.
Additionally, even the items that found themselves being picked up in almost every DOTA 2 game have been nerfed a bit. This clearly goes to show that the main objective for the developers with update 7.30b is to balance every hero in the game while forgetting the entire existence of Outworld Destroyer.