Disco Elysium Developer ZA/UM finally made the announcement everyone has been waiting for during The Game Awards 2020.
Yes, Disco Elysium is finally coming to consoles following its incredible launch on PC back in 2019 and the numerous awards that followed.
Better still ZA/UM has announced their not just porting the game over, but releasing a new 'Final Cut' of the smash hit RPG with so much more added to the game.
As per a ZA/UM press release:
"Disco Elysium: The Final Cut, will include full voice acting for Revachol’s beautiful people as well as new quests and unseen areas to explore. All existing players of the game will receive a free full upgrade to The Final Cut on their current platform."
Keen to know more? Have a watch of the official trailer below:
When is Disco Elysium: The Final Cut Coming to PS5, Xbox and Nintendo Switch?
ZA/UM announced that Disco Elysium: The Final Cut will be available as a digital download in March 2021 on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 as well as on Steam, GOG, The App Store, Epic Games Store and Google Stadia.
This will be followed by the release of the game on Xbox Series X|S and Nintendo Switch platforms in Summer 2021.
Disco Elysium: The Final Cut will be available as a digital download for £34.99 / $39.99 / €39.99
Disco Elysium: The Final Cut Collector’s Edition -ZA/UM, in partnership with iam8bit, has also announced an exclusive Collector’s Edition of the game which is available now for pre-order, with shipping date TBC 2021. The Collector’s Edition will include:
- Innovative ‘Layers of the Id’ Premium Box
- Hand-Painted ‘Mind Totem’ Vinyl Sculpture
- 190+ Page Hardbound Art Book feat. Oodles of Previously Unreleased Art and Stories
- Illustrated Fabric Map of the District of Martinaise
- Physical Edition of Disco Elysium with Reversible Cover, Housed in an Elegant Slipcase
- Region Free - Worldwide Compatibility
- Available for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch
What Is New In Disco Elysium: The Final Cut?
- New Political Vision Quests: Face the reality of your worldview as your political compass leads you down new paths. Discover more citizens, a whole extra area, and monumental sights as you leave an even bigger mark on the world by chasing your dreams.
- Full Voice Acting: All of the city's beautiful people are brought to life with full voiceover. Play characters against each other, try to help them, or fall hopelessly in love as each word is spoken to you with the appropriate accent and emotion.
- Improved Playability: Full controller support and customisation lets you play with your preferred setup. Enjoy an expanded range of language options. See the difference when playing in 4K resolution and at 60 frames per second on PlayStation 5.
- Real Role-playing: Customise your character with wildly different skills, clothing items, and tools – from guns to a flashlight and a boombox. Develop new ideas in the detective’s Thought Cabinet to change how you approach and handle each situation.
- Unprecedented Freedom: Death, sex, taxes, and disco – nothing is off the table in this open world. Solve a massive murder investigation, or relax and kick back with sprawling side-cases. Disco Elysium’s revolutionary dialogue system lets you do almost anything.
- Free Upgrade For All:The Final Cut will be available at no extra cost to all current owners of Disco Elysium. Original players expand their experience for free while new players can enjoy the new content from their first playthrough.