Diablo 3 puts you in the role of the Nephalem, in a journey full of violence, action, and fights against different demonic overlords. While these demons appear in many forms, some of them are especially strong, requiring a major effort for you to destroy them. Today we will talk about The Butcher, the last demon boss of Act 1.
Who is The Butcher in Diablo 3?
A former servant of Andariel, The Butcher is a demon that made his lair in the lower levels of the Tristram Cathedral while the Darkening of Tristram occurred, and was eventually slain by Prince Aidan. However, two decades later The Butcher is now back after being resurrected by the Coven, and ready to confront the Nephalem in the Halls of Agony, beneath Leoric's Manor.
The Butcher Location In Diablo 3
The Butcher appears in the Quest "The Imprisoned Angel" of Act I inside the Chamber of Suffering, the area below Halls of Agony, beneath Leoric's Manor. You must travel through all the levels in this zone, defeating a variety of monsters across each stage, and once you enter the Chamber of Suffering a cutscene will play, after which the combat will immediately start.
Read More: How to Get Kanai’s Cube In Diablo 3
Diablo 3 The Butcher - Combat Tips & Weakness
Once the fight starts, The Butcher will use the following moves in battle:
- Quick Smash: The Butcher will take a swipe at you, dealing low damage if it hits.
- Heavy Smash: The Butcher jumps two times, slamming his axe down into the ground.
- Ancient Spear: The Butcher will do a cone ranged attack with a flurry of spears.
- Charge: The Butcher will highlight a straight line, and then charge in that direction. It will do heavy damage and knock you back if you fail to evade it, but the butcher will be stunned when he hits the wall at the end of this attack.
- Sickle Grab: The Butcher will grab and pull you into melee range, temporarily stunning you and dealing heavy damage.
- Fire Grates: While fighting the Butcher, several fire grates will temporarily activate, causing Fire damage over time. As the battle progresses, more grates will activate at different times.
The battle is easy as long as you pay attention to your surroundings. Be ready to evade the Butcher's Charge as soon as he draws the line, and keep yourself away from any active Fire Grate, since you can easily die from that damage if you're too reckless. Keep hitting the Butcher while moving across the arena, and you should be fine. After you defeat him, you will reach the place where The Stranger is kept imprisoned by various Zealots.