Diablo 3 narrates the story of the Nephalem, a warrior on an endless crusade against the forces of Hell that will take them even to the High Heavens, to prevent the End of Days. While your demonic enemies come in different shapes and forms, some of them are significantly stronger, demanding a harder effort from you to defeat them in battle. Today we will talk about the second boss fight in Act 4, Rakanoth, Lord of Despair.
Who is Rakanoth in Diablo 3?
Rakanoth, Lord of the Plains of Despair, is a brutally powerful demon that fought against Tyrael in the Eternal Conflict. Once a servant of Andariel, he is now attending Diablo's call for assistance while he invades the High Heavens. With a lot of experience having worked as the warden of the captive angel Izual ages ago, he now guards the archangel Auriel in the Library of Fate, waiting for the Nephalem to come and try to rescue her.
Where Is Rakanoth In Diablo 3
Rakanoth can be found in the Library of Fate, where you must defeat him in order to free the angel Auriel, to finish the quest "The Light of Hope" in Act IV.
Read More: How to Get Kanai’s Cube In Diablo 3
How Do You Kill Rakanoth in Diablo 3?
Once the fight starts, Rakanoth will use the following moves in battle:
- Blade Strike: A basic melee attack that deals Physical damage.
- Blade Cleave: A stronger melee attack that can be avoided since it takes more time to prepare.
- Teleport Charge: Rakanoth teleports towards you, inflicting a heavy Physical damage hit that can be a one-hit KO if you're not facing him when he does it.
- Volley: Rakanoth is paralyzed for 3 seconds, but he will shoot missiles in an arc, that deal average damage and can knock you back.
- Summon Minions: Rakanoth will summons two Soul Lashers that will drop guaranteed Health Globes when they die.
Positioning is everything in this fight. You really don't want to get backstabbed by the Teleport Charge, so always keep in mind how you're positioned against him, always facing his way. The missiles can be annoying if you're too close so always approach when you absolutely have to and kill the minions if you need a quick way to refill your HP, otherwise just keep hitting him and you should defeat him fairly quickly.
Diablo 3 Rakanoth - Drops
Rakanoth has a chance to drop the Hand of Despair, a normal Fist weapon that's commonly wanted as a transmog option.
And that’s it! While you’re here, you can check our Diablo 3 Tier List and our Season 25 Release Date guides.