UPDATE: The Diablo 3 Season 24 release date is now only a day away! The official start time countdown is on for sure, but make sure to take some time to get ready for the new season with our guide to leveling up fast. Good luck!
[Original Story] - Diablo 3 is getting ready to enter a brand new season, which means it's time once again to forget about Diablo 4, and turn out attention to what build you want to run in Diablo 3's next season.
A good place to start is by checking our latest Diablo 3 Season 24 Tier List, however, you might already have a particular class and build in mind.
That's probably why you've arrived at this guide, which is aimed specifically towards helping you set up a Necromancer Bone Spear build, complete with the Masquerade of the Burning Carnival armour set.
Alternatively, if you're looking for the Best Necromancer Build in Season 24, follow the link and we'll give you some more info to make you an S-Tier god.
For now, here's everything you need to know about the Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer, but keep in mind, it doesn't include info about the Season 24 Ethereals.
Is The Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer Good?
Yes, in a word. if you're using the Masquerade Bone Spear for Solo Greater Rift Pushing, it's a pretty solid build.
That being said, it has taken a bit of a knock in the rankings when it comes to the Diablo 3 Tier List.
In Season 23 the Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer was given a significant buff, making it easily the Best Necromancer Build in Diablo 3.
However, as we approach Diablo 3 Season 24, it's taken a slight hit, and now the Legacy of Dreams Poison Scythe and Legacy of Dreams Corpse Explosion builds are both better suited for players interested in pushing Solo Greater Rifts.
The Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer is currently an A-tier option in Diablo 3 Season 24.
How To Set Up Your Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer
Now we're going to run through how to set up your Necromancer Bone Spear Build with the Masquerade of the Burning Carnival armour set. Let's start with your
Get The Masquerade of the Burning Carnival Set
You'll need to gather the full Masquerade of the Burning Carnival armour set for the full experience, which we've listed below. Follow the links if you would like a closer look at the stats on the Diablo 3 website.
- Helm: Luxurious Bauta
- Shoulders: Glamorous Gigot
- Gloves: Lavishing Gloves
- Chest: Sophisticated Vest
- Pants: Elegant Pants
- Boots: Extravagant Shoes
Having two pieces in the set means Simulacrums no longer take damage, gain all runes, and its cooldown is refreshed when you die. Having four pieces means Simulacrum is active, damage taken is reduced by 50%, and damage taken is split between the Necromancer and their Simulacrums. Having six pieces means Bone Spear deals 10,000% increased damage. Simulacrums also gain triple with this bonus.
Along with the Masquerade set, you'll want to equip the following items to really maximise your Necromancer build potential. Once again, we've included links to each item on the Diablo 3 website if you want a closer look at the stats:
- Belt: Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle
- Bracers: Gelmindor's Marrow Guards
- Amulet: Haunted Visions
- Ring 1: Convention of Elements
- Ring 2: Krysbin's Sentence
- Weapon: Scythe of the Cycle
- Offhand: Lost Time
Kanai's Cube Slots
- Weapon Slot: Maltorius' Petrified Spike
- Armour Slot: Dayntee's Binding
- Jewellery Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur
*Skill Runes detailed in bold.
- Grim Scythe Frost Scythe Rune
- Bone Spear with Blighted Marrow Rune
- Bone Armor with Dislocation Rune
- Decrepify with Borrowed Time
- Blood Rush with Potency Rune
- Simulacrum with Reservoir Rune
- Spreading Malediction - Receive a 1% damage bonus for each enemy afflicted by one of your curses.
- Final Service - When you take lethal damage, you are sustained preventing all damage for 4 seconds. In addition, you heal for 10% of your Life per minion. This effect cannot occur more than once every 60 seconds.
- Stand Alone - Increase armour by 100%, reduced by 10% for each active minion.
- Bone Prison - Bone Spear, Bone Spikes, and Bone Spirit have a 30% chance to trap enemies in a Bone Prison for 3 seconds.
Alternative Necromancer Builds To Pick
If you've been using the Bone Spear build for some time and fancy a change, don't worry, there are plenty of alternative options. Of course, not all builds are created equal.
As we've mentioned before, in Season 24 of Diablo 3 there are two further Necromancer builds that stand apart from the rest. So we would recommend opting for either:
- Necromancer Legacy of Dreams Poison Scythe
- Necromancer Legacy of Dreams Corpse Explosion
That's everything you need to know to get you started with your Necromancer Bone Spear with Masquerade Build.