Diablo 2 Resurrected is finally here, and with it, a myriad of quests, enemies, and challenges for you to discover (or re-discover!). Today we will take you through the Story Quest of Act 1, The Search for Cain, a quest that involves traveling to several different places, in order to open a portal and rescue the mysterious Horadrim Sage Deckard Cain.
Diablo 2 Resurrected, Act I: The Search for Cain
Quest Name: The Search for Cain
Area Level: 6 (Normal), 39 (Nightmare), 76 (Hell)
Unlocked By: Completing the Sisters’ Burial Grounds Quest, given by Akara
With things getting more complicated and new enemies showing up, Akara tasks you with rescuing the Horadrim Sage, Deckard Cain. To do this, you must travel to Tristram to find him, which will take a few steps. You must, in this order:
- Go to the Stony Field area, enter the Underground Passageway and reach the Dark Woods.
Once you’re there, you need to find the Tree of Inifuss and click on it to get the Scroll of Inifuss. Be careful since it's plagued with monsters.
- Back in the Rogue Encampment, Akara will translate the Scroll of Inifuss, and you must take it to the Stony Field, where you will click on the five Cairn Stones in the correct order (or randomly until they light up, it's the same).
- A red Portal will open up, and after you walk into it, you will arrive at Tristram. Wipe the entire place (you will see a few depressive cameos from Diablo 1), and free Deckard Cain by clicking on his cage.
After you have nothing left to do in Tristram, return to the Rogue Encampment and speak with Deckard Cain and Akara to obtain your rewards.
Tristram Town - Enemies List
- Carver Shaman
- Skeleton Archer
- Night Clan
The Search for Cain Quest Rewards
- Free item identification from Deckard Cain.
- Ring from Akara, rarity depends on the difficulty you're playing.