UPDATE - The gates of hell will soon close. The Diablo 2 Resurrected Open Beta ends today!
Original Story - The Diablo 2 Resurrected Open Beta Starts this Friday, August 20 and it's open to everyone.
After a successful early access test last weekend, the war against the Burning Hells is set to open the floodgates to all players on Windows PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, and PlayStation 4.
There's no need to pre-purchasing Diablo 2: Resurrected, because everyone is invited. Well, we say everyone, there's no Nintendo Switch Open Beta, due to technical issues.
There's also plenty of new content available for players willing to jump in. The first weekend gave fans a chance to play as the Sorceress, Barbarian, and Amazon classes, but this weekend players can try out the Druid and Paladin. Sorry Assassin and Necromancer fans, you'll have to wait until the official release date to enjoy those classes.
Table of Contents
There's also exclusive Twitch Drops enabled if you link your Battle.net account (more on that further down). For now, though, keep reading and we'll tell you all the important details, you need to know.
What Time Does The Diablo 2 Resurrected Open Beta Start?
Blizzard has confirmed a release date and start time for the Diablo 2 Resurrected open beta, which is set to go live on August 20 at 10:00 PDT, 13:00 ET, and 18:00 BST.
You can see a map of when the open beta starts based on your region below, but we've also written out the start times because we're super helpful like that (aren't we nice).
- Los Angeles - 10am PDT
- New York - 1pm EDT
- Santos - 2pm BRT
- London - 6pm BST
- Paris - 7pm CEST
- Moscow - 8pm MSK
- Singapore - 1am SGT (August 21, 2021)
- Taipei - 1am CST (August 21, 2021)
- Seoul - 2am KST (August 21, 2021)
- Sydney - 3am AEST (August 21, 2021)
When Does The Diablo 2 Resurrected Open Beta End?
The Diablo 2 Resurrected Open Beta weekend will run until August 23 and end at the same times that the open beta started (as mentioned above).
So make sure to play it as much as possible before 10:00 PDT, 13:00 ET, and 18:00 BST because that's when it ends and there's still a good few weeks to go before the game launches proper.
Do You Need PS Plus or Xbox Live To Play The Diablo 2 Resurrected Open Beta
No. This was confirmed on the Blizzard website, with a statement that reads:
Xbox Live Gold is not required to play during the Open Beta (non-Early Access) on Xbox platforms. PlayStation Plus is not required during Early Access or the Open Beta, but will be required to access multiplayer features at launch on PlayStation systems.
How To Download & Take Part In The Diablo 2 Resurrected Open Beta
You can now download and preload the Diablo 2 Resurrected open beta on PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5 and PS4 right now.
PlayStation owners will be able to download the Diablo 2 Resurrected open beta from the PSN store, whilst Xbox players should also find it on the Xbox Live Marketplace. PC players will need to download the game from the Battle.net client.
Diablo 2 Resurrected Open Beta Content
Here are a few quick bullet points on what features are available during the open beta:
- Multiplayer and cross-progression enabled
- Up to eight players can play together in one game
- Like the Technical Alpha, both Act I: The Sightless Eye and Act II: The Secret of the Vizjerei will be fully playable.
- The fully remade Act I & II cinematics will also be viewable
Diablo 2 Resurrected Open Beta Patch Notes
A new patch is being staged for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation prior to the Open Beta. Read below to learn more about the latest changes.
- Skill purchases now require separate button presses (Controller)
We made this change because many players were accidentally allotting points to skills they didn’t intend to. We hope this change will mitigate that issue, especially since it’s more difficult for players to re-spec in Diablo II.
STABILITY AND PERFORMANCE
- Fixed several bugs that could cause a crash upon launching the game
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to crash when toggling the Legacy mode
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to crash when opening a Trade window
- Fixed a bug that could cause players to crash when the Skill Select window prompted
- Fixed a bug that could cause degraded performance over time
- Fixed several bugs that could cause a crash when encountering poor server connectivity
- Fixed several bugs that could cause a crash on consoles
- Added several client, server and network optimizations
- Fixed a bug preventing players from accepting party invites while the game window was minimized
- Fixed a bug preventing players from toggling on or off their Paladin Auras