Bungie has formally announced the 2020 Festival of the Lost event for Destiny 2.
It all kicks off next Tuesday on October 6 and lasts until November 3.
From the looks of the trailer (below) Eva Levante once again returns, likely to provide the structure and quests for Guardians to undertake.
But in return there's a flurry of new ghosts, masks, emotes and more available to unlock.
Take a look at the heavy metal trailer, just below:
Destiny 2 Festival of the Lost 2020 – Start Time
The Festival kicks off on October 6, making it a nice early start to the spooky season!
It'll run all the way until November 3, meaning you'll have plenty of time to earn its rewards.
Speaking of which...
Destiny 2 Festival of the Lost 2020 - Rewards and Activities
Expect plenty of candy to be consumed and masks to be earned as Guardians play dress-up as their favourite Destiny heroes and villains.
Nothing has beaten the Uldren Sov mask for us yet, but we look forward to seeing the new arrivals.
Once you've got your masks on, you'll be heading to the Haunted Forest again.
This spookier version of the Infinite Forest will task players with pushing through hordes of "ghoulish enemies" to earn loot - with five chests added to the end of your run to make it more rewarding than ever.
Spider will also be doling our Cipher Decoders to unlock these chests, and they can drop from any activity - which should make for a fun gameplay loop regardless of your choice of activity.
Speaking of loot, you'll be able to earn new variants of the Braytech Werewolf and Horror Story, both with new perk combinations. As someone that loved the Horror Story weapon for a long time, this is music to my ears.
There are also new universal armour ornaments which will turn Warlocks into Vampires, Titans into chained, tortured beings, and Hunters into a terrifying version of Red Riding Hood.
Here are some notes from the Bungie blog post:
- Minimum Power to enter the Haunted Forest is 750.
- You can hold up to 25 Cipher Decoders before you need to go open some chests in the Haunted Forest.
- There will be both earnable masks and masks available for Silver/Bright Dust.
- Any Triumphs involving masks do not require masks from Eververse.
- Bounties will return from last year and will once again offer Bright Dust.
- All-new Eververse items will be available for both Silver and Bright Dust except for the “One-Inch Punch” finisher which will be available for Silver.
- The toothbrush is still just a toothbrush.
Destiny 2 Festival of the Lost 2020 - Triumphs
Here are all the Triumphs we know of:
- Masked Accomplice - Complete All Festival Of The Lost 2020 Triumphs
- Cache Grab - Open Caches in Haunted Forest
- Cache Cow - Open Caches in Haunted Forest
- Caches Galore - Open Caches in Haunted Forest
- Many Faces - Acquire all Festival of the Lost 2020 Masks
- Wrapped and Ready - Acquire the mummy Ghost from Eva
- Ride or Die - Acquire the Festival of the Lost Sparrow from Eva
- Entombed Horizons - Acquire the Festival of the Lost Ship from Eva
- [REDACTED] - Unknown