Today (April 15) DayZ developers Bohemia Interactive have announced a new update is rolling.
But if you're one of the dedicated players enjoying what DayZ has to offer on the experimental servers, you will be able to reap the benefits of this latest patch.
What is DayZ Experimental?
Like all good online games, DayZ has a testing ground. Another server if you will that allows the devs to roll out updates and trial changes before they push it to the main game.
This way, the developers can be sure that when they do roll out any big changes to the main player base, it's been thoroughly tested for bugs and balanced appropriately (as much as they can, anyway).
How to play DayZ experimental?
If you're on Steam: Right-click DayZ in your Steam Library and select "Properties". Now go to the "BETAs" tab. Select if you wish to opt into or out of the Experimental version.
If you're on Xbox: Download 'DayZ - Experimental' from the Xbox Live store.
Latest DayZ Experimental Patch Notes (April 15)
Below you'll find the latest patch notes for 'PC Experimental 1.12 Update 4'.
This is "Version 1.12.153845", released on 15.04.2021.
- Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
- Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
- In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
- You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.
- Server error when attaching barbed wire to a base building fence
- Blurry info text in the login/logout window
- Magnum had inconsistent damage
- Wrong initial speed multiplier for BK43 and Magnum
- Adjusted .357, 5.56, 9x19 and 12 gauge slug ammunition (air friction, initial speeds, penetration,...)
- Fixed: Server-side #lock and #unlock commands