DayZ's recent 1.12 patch dropped earlier this month, but as is often the case with complex, always-online multiplayer titles, there are more bugs to be squashed.
Thankfully, developer Bohemia Interactive is just rolling out 1.12.1 on PC later today.
Here's all you need to know.
DayZ 1.12.1 Release Time
As per the game's Twitter account, servers will go down at 14:00 CEST (that's 3 PM BST).
The hotfix will be applied an hour later.
DayZ 1.12.1 Patch Notes
Here are the notes, courtesy of the game's forums:
- Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
- Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
- In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q., DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
- You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.
- More RPT log messages in case data verification goes wrong
- A possible server crash related to modded servers
- Infected were able to walk through doors at certain locations
- Wrong values in 7.62x54 and .308 ammunition configuration (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T157734#2179006)
- Wrong shock fall off settings for 7.62x39 ammunition
- PBO file paths being clipped by the dialogue screen
- When more than one mod was missing, it would not display which ones (only when there was only one mod missing)
- A string was not properly translated for one connection error message (STR_ve_m_rogue_pbo1)
- Minor configuration errors within CE setups
- Position in queue not shown when using direct connect
- Connection/queue screen leave button was not visible
- ExtraMod and MissingMod messages will now also display the PBO that triggered the fail
- When the game detects that a mod might be out of date, it will also display the PBO that triggered the fail
- Reduced effective range and damage of 7.62x54 and .308 ammunition
- Fixed: The Eggsperimental Capsule was set to spawn on Community servers
- Fixed: Server log messages displaying information that should only be displayed on client
- Fixed: Server log kick messages having string tags instead of the actual message
- Fixed: Server log kick messages having new lines (they are replaced with spaces now)
- Fixed: A bug where mods were required to have mod.cpp or have same folder name as meta.cpp (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T157931, https://feedback.bistudio.com/T157922, https://feedback.bistudio.com/T157911)
- Fixed: When a mod does not have mod.cpp, server browser would show folder name instead of mod name (uses name in meta.cpp)