DreamHack Leipzig is one of the first big Counter-Strike: Global Offensive tournaments of 2020. The eight teams in attendance will do battle for the lion’s share of $100,000 in prize money.
The eight teams will be separated into two groups of four, with two teams from each group advancing to the playoffs.
In this article, find out all the information that you will need ahead of the event!
Be sure to bookmark this page for the latest information on the event.
When & Where Is DreamHack Leipzig?
The first DreamHack event of the year takes place from January 24th-26th at the Leipziger Messe.
- BIG Clan
- MAD Lions
- 1st - $50,000 + seed for DreamHack Masters Jönköping
- 2nd - $20,000
- 3rd/4th - $10,000
As mentioned above, the eight teams will be split into two groups of four and will compete using the GSL group format.
The first and winners’ matches will be a best-of-one while the elimination and matches that decide the second team will be best-of-three.
The playoff stage will see the four remaining teams compete in a single-elimination bracket where all the matches will be a best-of-three.
Fixtures & Schedule
January 24th 2020
- Virtus.pro vs BIG (10.00am GMT)
- North vs Sprout (11.30am GMT)
- Cloud9 vs Renegades (1.30pm GMT)
- Heroic vs MAD Lions (2.30pm GMT)
- Group A Winners Match (4.00pm GMT)
- Group B Winners Match (5.30pm GMT)
January 25th 2020
- Group A Elimination Match (10.00am GMT)
- Group B Elimination Match (1.00pm GMT)
- Group A Decider Match (4.00pm GMT)
- Group B Decider Match (7.00pm GMT)
January 26th 2020
- Semi-Final 1 (10.00am GMT)
- Semi-Final 2 (1.00pm GMT)
- Grand Final (5.00pm GMT)
Odds last updated: January 21st 2019
Using Bet365, the betting odds for the event are now live. Below, you can find the odds for the opening games taking place on January 24th:
- Virtus.pro (1/2) v BIG (6/4)
- North (1/2) v Sprout (6/4)
- Cloud9 (8/13) v Renegades (6/5)
- Heroic (5/6) v MAD Lions (5/6)
If you were to pick VP, North, C9 and Heroic all to win their first-round matches, a £10 stake would yield a return of £66.63 which isn't too shabby at all.
If you were to take a punt on the underdogs and select either Heroic or the MAD Lions to take the win, a £10 stake would yield much greater returns of £252.08. Certainly worth a punt maybe?
We have selected VP, C9, Heroic and have taken a punt on Sprout to spring an upset against North in the second game. A £10 bet on these four teams would yield a return of £111.05. Not bad at all but it all hinges on whether Sprout can spring a surprise on the more experienced North roster.
PLEASE GAMBLE RESPONSIBLY - WE ARE NOT HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ANY BETS THAT YOU CARRY OUT
Who do you think is going to win DreamHack Leipzig? Tweet us!
Written byJon Nicholson@MrJonno_95