The latest CSGO update has just rolled out – bringing with it a host of changes and tweaks. Mutiny is a tropical-inspired map with lush palm trees and large stone walls. It arrived with Swamp, with the new pair replacing Chlorine and Jungle in official matchmaking.
Fixes this week focus on Mutiny, including general gameplay changes, from foliage removal to improved clipping in various locations. Another nice addition sees ship cannons now firing out to sea as a celebration when the bomb explodes.
CS:GO Patch Notes – 29/7/2020
As per the Counter-Strike blog, all of these changes are related to the game's maps.
Fixed a performance regression during POV demo playback.Fixed domain names starting with a digit to be resolvable via DNS as part of “connect” command.Added a server-side setting sv_closecaption to control whether captions can be displayed during gameplay, defaults to only displaying Co-op Strike Mission chat.Added main menu movies for Mutiny and Swamp.
- Added some area portals to increase optimization at T to B Lower
- Adjusted fade distances on some props to increase performance
- Removed some unnecessary foliage props
- Increased height of cover at A Platform
- Removed lamp outside B Site obstructing angles
- Removed some foliage at CT to B to increase visibility
- Fixed boost spot in mid near A Connector
- Added a few boxes in corner at Dirt Road near CT Spawn
- Removed barrels and wood stack near CT Spawn for smoother movement
- Improved clipping in various locations
- Added clipping to the firestacks
- Removed inaccurate grenade clips at T to A Upper, A Site and the wall at the top of mid
- Ship cannons now fire out to sea as a celebration when the bomb explodes (thanks ZooL!)
- Fixed the ability to see enemies on the radar through crates with tarps
- Fixed grenades and weapons dropped falling inside crates with tarps
- Fixed seagulls not dying when shot (but please do not shoot the seagulls)
- Added more detail to the house near Upper T to A
- Increased render distances of various props around Dock
- Fixed bomb stuck spots in mid
- Sewed displacements near A Site
- Sealed multiple walls in Lobby
- Removed some unpleasant moss at Stairway to Heaven
- Changed the palm tree at elevator
- Fixed numerous pixelwalks (thanks ALJN!)
For more articles like this, take a look at our CS:GO page.