Binance Bridge will enable users to bridge assets from multiple blockchains to its native BNB Smart Chain. The feature rollout also includes an option to bridge unlisted tokens via the BNB Chain.
Users will be able to perform bridge-in or bridge-out between multiple blockchains and BNB Chains by accessing the option called regular deposit and withdrawal functions. Let's take a look at how users bridge Ethereum to the BNB Smart Chain.
How To Bridge From Ethereum To BNB Smart Chain
The Binance Bridge 2.0 is now live on the platform and will initially support a batch of nine tokens reportedly The Sandbox, Apecoin, JasmyCoin, Decentraland, VeChain, ConstitutionDAO, MovieBloc, LooksRare, and DogeLon Mars
Regardless, Binance has still given us some insight into how the bridging process works. However, it doesn't seem to include the specifics for unlisted tokens, instead only focusing on listed assets. To bridge from Ethereum to BNB, you should:
- Connect your MetaMask wallet to BNB Smart Chain.
- Go to Binance Bridge.
- Click on the Connect Wallet button and select MetaMask.
- Select the account and press next.
- The screen will now ask the user to grant certain permissions. Read them with caution and click on the connect button.
- Now, click on ETH as a selected asset from the other assets listed on the page.
- Choose Ethereum Network in the "From" category.
- Select BSC from the "To" section.
- Enter the desired amount you wish to move and complete the transaction
Additional Note: remember to keep some additional BNB tokens in your wallet as the transaction fee here will be paid in BNB tokens.
What is Binance Bridge 2.0?
Launched on March 29, Binance Bridge is defined as "a new way to bridge listed and selected unlisted tokens from Ethereum to BNB Smart Chain as BTokens."
Users can utilize their wrapped tokens within the BNB Chain ecosystem, through DeFi, games, and other products.
The new Binance Bridge 2.0 comes with additional specifications including the ability to bridge " tokens not listed on the exchange."
These unlisted tokens will be bridged to BNB Smart Chain as wrapped BTokens and enable the users to experience the decentralized BNB Chain ecosystem.