MetaMask is an Ethereum-based crypto wallet that facilitates cross cryptocurrency transactions in a simplified manner, but how do you add Avalanche Network to MetaMask?
However, MetaMask would require the Avalanche blockchain integration first to begin initiating transactions using AVAX. Let's take a look at how users can add Avalanche network to their MetaMask wallets to begin transacting AVAX via a few simple guided steps.
How To Add Avalanche To MetaMask
For users eager to add Avalanche integration to their MetaMask wallets, they first and foremost should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open up the MetaMask Chrome Extension or extension on the web browser of your choice. If on mobile, download the MetaMask wallet from the Google Play Store/App Store.
- Create a crypto wallet by following simple instructions or import your existing wallet, if you have already made one.
- By default, the MetaMask wallet is always connected to Ethereum mainnet. Click on the Ethereum mainnet panel to change the option.
- Click the dropdown menu and select Add Network.
You will be then redirected to a page where you have to enter the AVAX network details. Exactly fill the details as listed below:
- Network Name: Avalanche Network
- New RPC URL: https://api.avax.network/ext/bc/C/rpc
- Chain ID: 43114 or 0xa86a
- Currency Symbol: AVAX
- Block Explorer UR: https://snowtrace.io/
After filling this in, click on save. After this, your MetaMask wallet is connected to the Avalanche network, and you're done! This will allow you to trade or use Avalanche supported cryptocurrency such as AVAX through your MetaMask wallet.