The Warzone MG82 nerf is here, and thankfully, it's not that bad.
Raven issued an explanation of the changes alongside the MG82 nerf patch notes saying they still wanted the gun to be one of the most powerful in the game.
To that end, the biggest part of the MG82 nerf is with its recoil, though Raven did reduce most of its damage potential.
The nail gun might be getting a nerf in the near future as well, but Raven was less forthcoming on when that might happen.
Otherwise, the MG82 patch notes outline a few bug fixes, and that's about it.
Here's everything the Warzone MG82 nerf patch does.
- Some thoughts on Perks…
- We are exploring all avenues in terms of changes to provide ‘fair’ and 'reactable' counterplay options to Dead Silence. A decision like this must be made carefully especially considering how it may destabilize other aspects of the game. We cannot promise anything at this moment but as we close in on an appropriate solution, we will share more details. Sit tight.
Light Machine Guns
- MG 82 (BOCW)
- Maximum Damage decreased from 30 to 29
- Minimum Damage decreased from 28 to 27
- Maximum Damage range decreased by 20%
- Headshot multiplier decreased from 1.3 to 1.2
- Upper Chest multiplier decreased from 1.1 to 1
- Extremities multiplier decreased from 1 to .9
- Vertical and Horizontal Recoil increased
- We had envisioned the MG 82 (BOCW) as a short to mid-range Light Machine Gun given its relatively fast handling, mobility, and rate of fire. However, it also retained many powerful LMG traits like damage profile, bullet velocity, and magazine size all while having negligible recoil. These factors in combination created one of the most dominant weapons to land in Verdansk. Do not be deceived by the magnitude of these changes. The damage per magazine and rate of fire is still top tier so we expect the MG 82 to remain viable.
- Nail Gun (BOCW)
- We will be keeping a close eye on the Nail Gun (BOCW). We feel it kills about a bullet faster than we would like. With extremely low rate of fire Weapons, they can be on a razor’s edge of balance wherein missing a single shot can turn an incredibly fast Time to Kill into one of the slowest in its class. This is not the case with the Nail Gun (BOCW) now, but if it required an additional bullet to kill and nothing else changed, it likely would be. So, we may push and pull on some of its functionality to ensure that it fulfills its role as a highly mobile, close range, full-auto dominator that can rival shotgun TTKs but rapidly wanes in efficacy the further enemies are from you. They are just nails after all.
- Fixed an issue that was causing some Players to have to restart the game in order to unlock a gifted Battle Pass.
- Fixed an issue causing tier skips to not apply properly when receiving a gifted Battle Pass Bundle.
- Fixed a locked control room door in Salt Mine that was killing Players instantly upon contact.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to lose control of their Operator after walking through a Red Door if another Player had previously died while going through it.
- Fixed an issue where using some QBZ-83 (BOCW) Blueprints would cause Players to crash.
[Source: Raven Software]