Warzone is finally here!
The months leading up to it, since the release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, talks of a potential release of a battle royale mode did not stop.
In November 2019, data-miners uncovered a huge number of details regarding a BR mode which was said to be in development for a long time.
Since then a new Classified Mode appeared on the main menu of Modern Warfare - which later included a countdown timer and was confirmed as Call of Duty: Warzone on March 9th
Playlist, Options & Rules
According to the leaked details, these were the supposed game options and rules for the BR:
- Player Count: 200
- Playlists: Solo, Duo and Squads
- End-Game Radar: On
- Infiltration Option: C130
- Pre-Game Lobby Free-For-All: On
- Post-Game Exfiltration: Off
- Max Health: 150
- Last Stand Health: 100
- Last Stand Revive Health: 30
- Last Stand Timer: 60s
- Last Stand Revive Timer: 7s
- Friendly Fire Punish Limit: 2
- Gulag: On
- Infiltration Options: C130, Convoy, Blackhawk (Private Match)
- Starting Weapon: Fists, G21 Pistol, MP5, M4A1, Knife (Private Match)
- Enable BR Loot: Turns on loot on supported maps (Private Match)
- Circle Star Size Override: Size of the damage circle at map start. Default match starts with no circle. Use this for smaller matches (Private Match)
- Circle Damage Multiplier (Private Match)
There will be a respawn system in the Modern Warfare battle royale. In order to get back in the action, players will have to win a 1v1 in the Gulag before respawning.
Respawn Tokens can be looted. After one use, Respawn Tokens are disabled for the player. To respawn a teammate, obtain a Respawn Token, then drop their body near an Ambulance. Once the body is dropped at the Ambulance, the player will enter the Gulag queue for a chance to win a 1v1 and respawn into the match. At some point during the match, the Gulag will be closed and no longer usable, thus preventing respawns. Once a player has respawned, they must locate and activate a Mobile Armory to retrieve their loadout.
Gulag Prison Camp - 1 on 1, single round match. Win to respawn. When enabled, players will have a chance to respawn back into the match by winning a 1v1 fight. The Gulag acts as a King of the Hill style gauntlet, meaning players in the Gulag Queue will spectate the players who are currently fighting in the Gulag. There will be a countdown on the screen indicating how many rounds are left until you fight. A Jail Break happens every so often and kicks all players out of the Gulag and back into the match. Players have the ability to place bets on the players who are fighting using Plunder.
The full list of features that were leaked from the data-mine can be found by clicking here.
Written byJon Nicholson@MrJonno_95