Call of Duty Modern Warfare launched its second season yesterday, but it’s not the new operator, maps, or modes that have players in a frenzy.
No, what’s got fans all excited is a new entry on the main menu of the game that leads to a mode that’s “Classified”.
Could this be the first sign of a Battle Royale?
Is It A Battle Royale?
Of course, many are crying out for this to be the final confirmation of the oft-rumoured Battle Royale, and thanks to a reputable leaker of CoD info we may well have a better idea of what to expect.
Youtuber TheGamingRevolution released a series of tweets last night, which shine a light on a forthcoming Battle Royale mode that he claims is coming “sooner than you expect”.
Let’s break down some of his tweets and what they’ll mean for the mode:
- Battle Royale is likely to be called Warzone
- It’ll be a free update for Modern Warfare but will also allegedly launch as a free download, too.
- The game could have two different versions – a faster-paced one and. A more tactical version.
- There will be a tutorial for the Battle Royale, potentially set in an area called Armistice Training Facility.
- From images tweeted, it looks like vehicles will play a part, including quad-bikes and helicopters.
- Season 1 cosmetics might be able to be earned in Battle Royale, potentially as a last chance way to earn rewards you missed.
- Classic Operators are coming to the game.
- Remade Modern Warfare 2 maps could also form part of the mode’s map. Fingers crossed for Favela and Terminal.
- A trailer could hit at any time, so be on your toes!
- As you can imagine, we’ll be keeping our ears to the ground in case something breaks today so be sure to check back to Gfinity.