Over the past few years of Call of Duty, a range of movement mechanics has entered the game that has provided players with some ingenious ways of navigating the map as fast as possible. Call of Duty Vanguard is the latest release in the franchise and will include slide-cancelling, a mechanic that provides a short burst of speed by bringing a halt to a slide.
Seasoned veterans will be fully aware of slide-cancelling but for those new to Call of Duty, it can be a tricky skill to master, especially when facing other players in multiplayer. Find out how to slide-cancel effectively in Vanguard in this handy guide!
Call of Duty Vanguard is out now. Follow the link to read our Vanguard review and early impressions.
Read More: Call of Duty Vanguard Operator XP Explained
How To Slide Cancel in Call of Duty Vanguard
The process of slide-cancelling differs slightly on PC and consoles due to the number of controller settings, mouse settings, and keybinds that are available to modify to suit any style of play. Here's how to do it using a keyboard and mouse:
- Rebind Left CTRL to 'Change Stance/Slide' which will allow you to hold it to slide rather than hitting C.
- Double-tap Left Shift to start Tactical Sprint then press Left CTRL to initiate a slide. As soon as you begin sliding, immediately tap Left CTRL to crouch which will cause you to return to a standing position.
- Repeat the process to slide-cancel effectively.
In order to master slide-cancelling, we recommend jumping into a private match without the risk of ruining your K/D ratio by accidentally sliding into the path of the opposition.
How To Slide-Cancel on Console
To slide-cancel on Xbox or PlayStation, the process is different. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do so:
- Double-tap L3 to begin a Tactical Sprint.
- Hold or tap Circle/B to begin a slide.
- As soon as you start to slide, tap Circle/B again to crouch quickly followed by pressing X/A to return to a standing position.
Once you get to grips with the mechanic, you'll notice a significant increase in speed when moving around a map.