When playing games like Call of Duty Vanguard, there are a lot of issues that players face. From connectivity issues to the issues with hackers, there are a plethora of problems that need to be tackled.
A packet burst issue is one of them. And truth be told, this issue can be very annoying if it persists. While there are multiple ways to fix this, not all fixes might work for you.
Here's our take on how to fix packet burst issues in COD Vanguard.
How to fix Packet burst issues in COD Vanguard
Before we move on to how to fix this problem, we need to understand what a packet burst issue is in the first place.
What is a packet burst in COD Vanguard?
A packet burst issue occurs when the game receives a lot of data input or no data input at all. This causes a variety of problems like rubber banding. This also causes you to experience a lag in your gameplay.
A packet burst issue shouldn't be confused with a packet loss issue. Packet loss happens when data is lost during transmission between your system and the game server.
And now that we know what a packet burst in COD Vanguard is, here's how to fix it!
Possible packet burst fixes in COD Vanguard
Before we continue, please note that there isn't any official fix for this issue from Activision yet. We hope that there will be one soon enough, but until then, here are a few things you could try.
- If you're on a wireless connection, try switching to a wired connection. Wired connections always offer stable gameplay when compared to a wireless connection. Moreover, this helps weed out a lot of router based issues, that are usually a cause of the packet burst issues you may face while playing COD Vanguard.
- Check your FPS settings. Packet burst may happen if there is a mismatch between your in-game FPS settings and the FPS settings on your graphics card control panel.
- Disable On Demand Texture Streaming. This usually takes up a lot of data, so disabling this might be beneficial when it comes to avoiding packet burst in COD Vanguard.
- Disable background tasks that require the internet. Sometimes, this is also an issue. Make sure that you have no active downloads in the background.
- Switch to a better internet connection. Most games have a recommended bandwidth that you need in order to play the game smoothly. If all of the above steps fail, then it's probably best if you switch to a stronger internet connection.
And that's it. These are all the possible fixes that you could try in order to resolve the Packet burst in COD Vanguard. Don't forget to keep an eye out on the official forums. Sometimes packet burst in COD Vanguard is due to some server issue, and the official forums will always reflect this.
Hope this helps!
Read more: Best Type 11 Loadout, Blueprint & Attachments for Call of Duty Vanguard