Finally, we'll see the new Main Zombies Quest as well as updates to Dead Ops Arcade 3, Onslaught and Round-Based Maps. Weapons are also being given a shakeup in the Mystery Box as well as other changes.
Here's what's new in Season 3 Reloaded in Cold War Zombies.
- New Main Quest (6pm BST, 20th May)
- Orda Encounter World Event
- Fishing (!!)
- New Intel Documents, Audio Logs, Radio Transmissions, and Artifacts to discover
- Round-Based Maps
- “Cranked 2: No Time to Crank” limited-time mode in “Firebase Z” and “Die Maschine”
- Dead Ops Arcade 3
- New Silverback Slideways bonus map
- Onslaught (PlayStation®)**
- Onslaught Standoff map + new Intel
- New limited-time mode
- New challenge with exclusive Weapon Blueprint reward
New Features & Gameplay Improvements:
- New weapons added to the Mystery Box and Trial rewards in round-based maps and Outbreak:
- Groza assault rifle
- MAC-10 SMG
- Streetsweeper shotgun
- FARA 83 assault rifle
- LC10 SMG
- R1 Shadowhunter crossbow
- ZRG 20mm sniper rifle
- Sledgehammer melee weapon
- Wakizashi melee weapon
- Machete melee weapon
- E-Tool melee weapon
- Custom Mod support: Bring custom Blueprints into Zombies via the “Apply Blueprint” feature! Create multiple configurations for every weapon in the game and apply your Custom Mods to all weapons found in a game session.
- New Outbreak Map features: Free cursor support and the ability to Ping the overhead map
- Zombies-specific weapon tuning to increase the overall power of the Black Ops Cold War arsenal
- New Weapon Unlock Challenges: Baseball Bat and AMP63 machine pistol (in-season)
- Rebalancing zombie health at high rounds and scaling Self Revive costs to provide a greater challenge and higher stakes for skilled Zombies players
- Buffing the Pack-a-Punched ZRG 20mm bullet penetration to affect multiple zombies
- Reduced health for the Demented Echo in Outbreak
- New gameplay improvements and bug fixes in Dead Ops Arcade 3
On the weapon tuning front, we want to give all of our weapons competitive, balanced attributes in Zombies. Most weapons will receive a buff of some kind – usually in the form of significantly increased critical damage multipliers – and a couple will have their power ceiling adjusted slightly to ensure every weapon is viable. Some weapons will receive additional tuning tweaks to their Pack-a-Punched versions with respect to magazine size, stock ammo, and damage. Look for next week’s mid-season patch notes for all the details.
We’ve also heard fan requests for a Challenge Tracker on the Pause screen, and we’re working on doing just that in the future, including Zombies Challenges, Daily Challenges, and Operator Missions. We’re also planning on displaying Daily Challenges at the start of the match, so you can instantly see what you’re working toward.
And yes, we’re planning on making Dead Wire Tier V more formidable against large groups of zombies once again! Keep an eye on our blog for more details soon on everything listed above.