Call of Duty Tracker reports that the Cold War beta is now available to preload on all three platforms — PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Cold War beta download size
According to the site’s Twitter account, the file size for the download is 42.2 GB on PC and 20.5 GB on Xbox One.
Download size and availability sometimes varies by region.
Cold War beta cross-play weekend
The beta’s second weekend kicks off Thursday, October 15, around 1 p.m. Eastern and runs till October 19 at 1 p.m.
This is still a closed beta, meaning you’ll have to pre-order Black Ops Cold War on your system of choice to get access.
The weekend-two beta will support cross-play between PC, PS4, and Xbox One users, so it’s a good chance to try out the game alongside friends who might play on a different console than you do.
Starting on Saturday, October 17, players on all three platforms will have a chance to try out Cold War in an open beta — regardless of whether or not they’ve pre-ordered the game.
Cold War beta patch notes
The team at Treyarch announced on Tuesday that they’ve already made some signficant changes to the beta ahead of weekend two.
Gameplay adjustments include:
- Adjusted tuning on the Duster Stock attachment to prevent faster sliding than intended.
- Increased the cooldown on the Spy Plane to help limit their numbers in the sky at one time.
- Increased TDM score limit from 75 to 100 for better match pacing.
- Updated the Assassin Perk description for clarity.
- Slightly reduced damage output of the Milano 821 SMG.
UX changes include:
- Adjusted conditions for joining in progress to prevent players from joining matches that are about to end.
- Moved VIP Escort exclusively to the Featured playlist.
Bug fixes include:
- Fixed an issue where a controller could become unresponsive when loading into a match.
- Fixed an issue with multiple Optics being misaligned in ADS and blocking the player’s view, including Snappoint, Diamondback, and Hawksmoor attachments.
- Fixed a bug where players would get UI error 66156 when selecting “Add Activision Friends” from the Recent Players menu.
- Fixed an issue where other players’ names were not visible in the pre-match lobby.
Stability improvements include:
- Fixed crashes that could occur during the Best Play in a VIP Escort match.
- Fixed a crash that could occur while selecting Operators in the front-end menu.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when a SAM Turret missile hit a target when the turret was destroyed.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur if a Gunboat was beached for too long.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is set for release on November 13. It’s coming to the PC, PS4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series.