A brand new playlist update will be coming later this week, February 25th, 2021 for Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
Treyarch regularly updates what's on offers to avoid stale experiences for their fans.
So what can players expect this week?
Here's what's new in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.
When Is The Black Ops Cold War And Warzone Weekly Update?
Weekly updates occur every Thursday at 6PM GMT.
Black Ops Cold War Weekly Update
- Express 24/7
- Endurance (40 Players)
- Gunfight Blueprints (w/ Nuketown ’84)
- Prop Hunt (+4 maps)
- 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only
- Face Off (3v3) • Nuketown 24/7
New Content & Store Update
For old-school Black Ops fans looking to jump into some classic maps in Cold War, Treyarch’s Throwback Moshpit arrives on February 18th. This new playlist features fan-favorites Raid, Express, and Nuketown ’84 in a variety of respawn modes for everyone to enjoy all week long.
Snipers Only Moshpit
The popular 6v6 competition where players face off with nothing but sniper rifles, is back on February 18. Precision, patience, and some quick thinking is all you get outside of a sniper rifle, as all weapons and Scorestreaks (such as the War Machine) are restricted. Get your marksman loadout ready and have some fun!
Firebase Z,” Treyarch’s latest map in the new Dark Aether story. Following the events of “Die Maschine,” Grigori Weaver and the agents of Requiem will storm the jungles of Vietnam to rendezvous with an Omega Group informant and attempt to save Samantha Maxis from Outpost 25.
This entirely new Zombies location is packed with new enemies, game features, hidden secrets, and a powerful new Wonder Weapon to wield against the undead. Watch the trailer if you haven’t already, and get ready to grab your squad and jump in.
Tombstone Soda Perk is back, and will be available in “Firebase Z” and the Der Wunderfizz machine in “Die Maschine.”
Dead Ops Arcade Solo Advanced Start
Players get an advanced starting position based on the highest round achieved in Dead Ops Arcade 3 Solo.
Express joins the Onslaught map list alongside new Zombies intel to discover in-game on February 4.
To keep the momentum of Season One going, Double Weapon XP will be live on Black Ops Cold War and Warzone starting at 10AM PT on February 12 and running through February 15. And to sweeten the pot, Battle Pass tiers will be discounted from 150 CP to 100 CP from February 12-15.
Tracer Pack: Year of the Ox
Starting with Lunar New Year, there’s a “Tracer Pack: Year of the Ox” bundle that includes Legendary Weapon Blueprints. The “Golden Ox” is a red-and-gold Assault Rifle Delta featuring a Foregrip, Sillix Holoscout Optic, and an ammo-heavy STANAG 50 Rnd Drum.
For Valentine’s Day, you can shoot straight for your enemy’s hearts with the “Top Secret Admirer” bundle, featuring the Legendary “Combat Cupid” Weapon Blueprint, a pink Tactical Rifle Charlie with combat-ready Cupid inlay built for firepower and speed. If you want to target your Valentine from afar, there’s the Legendary “Hidden Admiration” Sniper Rifle Alpha, with Steady Aim Laser, Sound Moderator Muzzle, and 7 Rnd Speed Mag.
If you’re ready to let the good times roll on Mardi Gras, jump into battle with the “Carnival Captain” bundle, which features an epic “Breaker” skin for NATO’S Baker.
We're expecting some bug fixes and quality of life improvements to come with a brand new patch.
The details on these are rarely shared.
It's unlikely any major weapon balancing will be done in this next update.
Here's what's new this week:
• Verdansk BR – Warzone Rumble
• Plunder – Trios
• Rebirth Island – Resurgence Trios
• Plunder – Quads
Players can expect Double XP this weekend to coincide with the big update arriving in Black Ops Cold War!
Here are the patch notes for Warzone after update 1.31:
- New fix to remove infinite stim glitch Issue stemmed from player getting stuck in throwback state after throwing back a live grenade
- Adjusted match bonus and kill XP reward of Kingslayer mode to be more in line with Verdansk BR This is part of our continued effort to normalize XP rewards across our various game modes
- Adjusted the timing of ammo replenishment during empty reloads for BOCW weapons
- Certain operator missions for Stitch should now track as intended
- Fixed visual for the “Heavy Handed” Sledgehammer in the Player Armory
- Fixed issue where at high prestige levels, progress towards next level shown in Barracks Seasonal Progression did not match what was shown on the top banner of the main menu
- Removed Tier Skips from Modern Warfare Bundles
- Previewing Bruiser Cord watch in the Hot Shot Bundle will now display correct watch
- Fixed various minor issues including images, icons, and names
- Fixed a crash that occurs when launching the game due to changes being made to Windows GDI32