Team of the Year isn't far off in FIFA 21 Ultimate Team, as 2020 has now come to a close.
If you've yet to cast your vote for the nominees, be quick, as the voting closes TODAY!
Headliners has concluded and no promo has followed it, meaning TOTY is the next big event coming to FUT.
Celebrating the best performers from the last year of football with some of the highest-rated, most boosted cards in the FUT cycle, TOTY is one that you don’t want to miss.
This is the time of the year where there's an incredible shift in the meta, all be it at a very lofty price. Meaning previously expensive and unobtainable cards will now become a bit cheaper.
Over the course of the promotion, a squad of 11, plus the 12th man community voted player will be released as a special “Team of the Year” item, with some of the biggest upgrades you’ll see this year, with multiple 99 rated cards in packs for a limited time.
Be sure to click the links below to read more about it:
Voting Closes TODAY - 18th January
The voting for TOTY closes today!
If you haven't submitted your vote, do it before its too late!
Best Packs For TOTY - 11th January
Looking for the best packs to use for TOTY and how to get them fast?
Check out our guides here:
TOTY Voting Now Open - 7th January
Voting for TOTY is now live on EA Sports website!
Team Of The Year Release Date
TOTY is expected to begin on the 22nd of January 2021.
TOTY voting has now begun and will continue until the Monday January 18th.
We're assuming the full team will be released that day and run for one week.
Last year in FIFA 20, we saw TOTY released from January 6th to January 14th.
Over the course of the week-long promotion, we see staggering releases of sections of the team, before the whole squad goes into packs. This is roughly what we’d expect.
- Monday > Tuesday: TOTY Attackers in packs for 24 hours
- Tuesday > Wednesday: TOTY Midfielders in packs for 24 hours
- Wednesday > Thursday: TOTY Defenders & Goalkeeper in packs for 24 hours
- Thursday > End of Promo: Full TOTY in packs
- Friday > End of Promo: TOTY 12th man added into packs
The FIFA 21 FUT TOTY Nominees can be voted for until the 18th January 2020.
- De Vrij
- Bruno Fernandes
- De Bruyne
- Luis Alberto
- Renato Sanches
- Andre Silva
- Ben Yedder
- Cristiano Ronaldo
- Di Maria
- Joao Felix
Team Of The Year Card Design
While we haven’t had any official card designs through for TOTY or TOTY Nominees yet, Twitter user @FcWolke99 has come up with a tasty looking concept card for a FUT 21 themed TOTY item that takes inspiration from the grand TOTY 20 design.
We’ll be sure to update you whenever we get the latest FIFA 21 version of the Team of the Year card.
Team of the Year Squad
By far the biggest aspect of the promotion is indeed the squad of 11 players that is released into packs, as well as the 12th man community voted TOTY player.
The squad of players is voted for by the community and a handful of other groups, such as EA developers and some EA partnered clubs and is released to packs in stages over the course of the TOTY promotion, all being released into packs for a number of days towards the end of the event.
For the 12th man vote, the community gets to decide from 3-5 extra players they’d like to see added into packs alongside the squad of 11 TOTY items, last year we had a 99 rated Cristiano Ronaldo!
While we haven’t had any official TOTY nominees through yet from EA Sports, they should be similar to the official FIFPro World XI nominees of 55 players that was announced earlier this month.
The Gfinity FIFA 21 Team of the Year Fan Vote
Have your say!
Cast your votes in the polls below for who YOU want to see in the FUT 21 Team of the Year squad!
Once the voting ends on December 23rd at 12am, we’ll release your predictions for who you think makes the FIFA 21 Team of the Year!
Make sure to click the links below to head over to the strawpolls to cast your votes!
To vote for your FUT 21 TOTY Goalkeeper, click here!
To vote for your 4 FUT 21 TOTY Defenders, click here!
To vote for your 3 FUT 21 TOTY Midfielders, click here!
To vote for your 3 FUT 21 TOTY Attackers, click here!
Please note that this is not an official EA partnered vote, we’ll be expecting the official vote to be released over the coming weeks, with communication coming through official EA channels.
- Drafts - If you’re a solid FUT player, drafts will be without doubt the number one means to generate a large number of high-value packs for TOTY. If you’re able to consistently make it to the final or win drafts, you’ll be getting packs and rewards worth 3-4x the 15,000 coin entry fee, and will likely make back all those draft entry costs with pack pulls at TOTY!
- Weekend League, Division Rivals & Squad Battle Rewards - Simply playing, and saving these rewards on a weekly basis will stock you up with tonnes of high-value packs!
- SBC Packs - For those that don’t want to spend as much time grinding gameplay, SBC packs are a fantastic way to go. Plenty of upgrade packs, league SBC sets and one-off pack SBCs get released at multiple points throughout the week, giving you a route to generating good quantities of packs without the need of a gameplay grind.
- Objectives - Be sure to check objectives regularly, as there are some good quality packs to be earned through simple, easy to complete tasks in Live FUT Friendlies.
- Season Rewards - With FUT Season 2 kicking off, and another 30 levels of rewards to collect, there are plenty of season objective packs to collect that you can add to your TOTY pack collection!
- EA Twitch Viewership Rewards - The FIFA Global Series Swaps program gives players the opportunity to earn packs and rewards through tuning into official EA live streams to watch tournaments, so be sure to take advantage of this. As well as this, other Twitch drops and Twitch Prime packs will allow you to stack up some extra packs for your collection!
- Login Rewards - During some promotions, you can get login rewards for the number of days logged into FUT. Typically in the form of packs, you can save these to add to your pack collection.
While it's too early to tell what will happen, you may see a severe drop in the pricing of players within the FUT market.
This is due to players offloading their players in an attempt to round up coins for these cards.
It's also going to be partly due to the way EA tends to distribute these cards into packs.
Usually, EA will promote this event for at least a week, distributing each section of the team (goalkeepers/defence, midfield and attack) separately over a few days each.
They'll finally distribute them all at the same time into packs towards the end.
This obviously promotes a huge drive to pack spending and will create a lot of coins on the market, but only being distributed to specific cards.
Other Team Of The Year Expected Content
Despite being just a week-long promo, we can expect a lot of top-level content throughout the week of TOTY This will include:
- TOTY Themed Player Objectives - i.e. Flashbacks & Player Moments
- TOTY Themed Player SBCs - i.e. Flashbacks & Player Moments
- Icon SBCs
- TOTY Upgrade & Pack SBCs
- Promo Packs
Last year, we saw the release of multiple TOTY Themed Objectives throughout the promotion, including a Player Moments Ziyech, a Flashback Andres Iniesta and a loan version of the 99 rated Cristiano Ronaldo, who was voted as the 12th man in TOTY by the community.
Team of the Year Themed Player SBCs
Player SBCs will feature in TOTY again no doubt, as last year we had a Player Moments Eden Hazard, Flashback Marcelo, Player Moments Bernardo Silva, Flashback David Luiz and Flashback Manuel Neuer.
With Icon SBCs being back for FUT 21, expect some big releases throughout the course of TOTY to allow people to submit some of their higher-end pack pulls.
TOTY Upgrade & Pack SBCs
Perhaps one of the most requested areas of the promotion is good to upgrade packs for people to throw millions of coins at. Last year we had League specific 25k Player Packs, as well as repeatable 83+ packs. These will allow players to have a shot at the TOTY cards, and are great fun to sit and grind!
Also expect to see other challenge SBCs released throughout the event with other types of pack rewards.
Being one of the biggest promos of the year, it’d be daft for EA to miss out on FIFA Point sales. Expect tonnes of promo packs to be released throughout the event, including lightning rounds most evenings for 50k, 100k and 125k packs.