Rocket League is entering its second season since going free-to-play.
With it will come a big update that players will need to download.
Here's what's new in Rocket League Season 2.
Rocket League Season 2 Patch Notes
Rocket League has posted the full patch notes here, but are listed below!
- Esports Shop redesign
- Enhanced Xbox Series X|S support
- New content creator community flags
- ‘Jack Newsome’
- ‘Rome in Silver’
- ‘Sullivan King’
CHANGES AND UPDATES
Enhanced Xbox Series X|S Support
For players on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, a new “Video Quality” dropdown is now available under Settings > Video. This allows you to play Rocket League with either “Performance” or “Quality” settings as detailed below:
Xbox Series X
- Quality: 4K resolution at 60 FPS with HDR
- Performance: Game runs at 2688x1512 at 120 FPS with HDR
- Game UI displays at 4K
Xbox Series S
- Quality: 1080p Resolution at 60 FPS with HDR
- Performance: Game runs at 1344x756 at 120 FPS with HDR
- Game UI displays at 1080p
- Enhanced support requires compatible displays and HDMI cables. Learn more about compatibility here
Tactical Quick Chat
- A new ‘Tactical Quick Chat Only,” option is now available under Settings > Gameplay > Text Chat
When enabled, all chat messages will be invisible to you except the following Quick Chats:
- All yours.
- Go for it!
- I got it!
- In position.
- Need boost!
- Take the shot!
- On your left.
- On your right.
- The Esports Shop has been redesigned from the ground up
- The Shop is now separated into regions -- North America and Europe
- Each team is fully visible in their region’s part of the Esports Shop
- Item rotation has been removed
- All available items can be purchased directly from your favorite team's Esports Shop page
- Made several aesthetic and color changes
- Changed name of ‘Options’ to ‘Settings’ in the main menu and throughout the game
- In the post-match screen, a new ‘Options’ button displays the following:
- Mute/Report Player
- Change Presets
- [Nintendo Switch] Splitscreen play is back!
- [Nintendo Switch] Fixed a bug causing tabs to automatically scroll with viewing inventory
- Adjusted exhaust flames on the Imperator DT5
The update will arrive on PS4, Xbox One, PS5, Xbox Series X, PC and Nintendo Switch at 12pm GMT.
The size of the update is currently unknown.
While the full patch notes are yet to arrive, we do know some of the things that are arriving in the new update.
You can check out everything here.
There is a new R3MX vehicle and over 70 tiers of items available for premium members.
The new Neon Fields arena will be added to the game and will be available in online and private matches.
Rocket Labs is also back as a Casual Limited-Time Mode Playlist.