I've been spending way too much time playing Pokemon GO.
Now a new update has landed and I don't think my time management is going to do too well.
Some big things are changing in the newest update, join us as we run through it all!
Pokemon GO Beyond
Pokemon GO Beyond is here and with it comes changes many players have been waiting for.
Some of the new additions include a level cap increase, increased XP updates, new Level-Up Research and more.
Level Cap Increased
Players will now be able to GO Beyond level 40! Get it?
The level cap has now been raised to 50.
Updates To XP
XP has been increased for the following activities.
- Catching a Pokémon with a Nice Throw: 10 XP to 20 XP
- Catching a Pokémon with a Great Throw: 50 XP to 100 XP
- Catching a Pokémon with an Excellent Throw:100 XP to 1,000 XP
- Catching a Pokémon with a Curveball Throw: 10 XP to 20 XP
- Evolving a Pokémon: 500 XP to 1,000 XP
- Catching a Pokémon or spinning a PokéStop the first time in a day: 500 XP to 1,500 XP
- Achieving a Pokémon catch streak or PokéStop spin streak of seven days: 2,000 XP to 6,000 XP
- Giving a Pokémon a Berry at a Gym: 20 XP to 50 XP
- Spinning a PokéStop: 50 XP to 100 XP
- Defeating a Gym: 100 XP to 1,000 XP
- Defeating a Pokémon at a Gym: 100 XP to 300 XP
- Hatching a 2 km Egg: 200 XP to 500 XP
- Hatching a 5 km Egg: 500 XP to 1,000 XP
- Hatching a 10 km Egg: 1,000 XP to 2,000 XP
- Hatching a Strange Egg: 2,000 XP to 4,000 XP
- Catching a Pokémon in AR mode: 100 XP to 300 XP
- Unlocking a new Pokédex entry: 500 XP to 1,000 XP
- The chance of encountering Smeargle after you take a snapshot has been increased.
- Nanab Berries are now more effective, fully calming Pokémon down in encounters.
- You’ll now earn more Candies from catching a Pokémon you’ve given a Silver Pinap Berry.
- The “Make 3 Excellent Throws in a row” task now leads to an encounter with Gible instead of Larvitar.
- You can now earn up to three hearts each day from battling with your buddy.
- Your buddy can now more easily get excited.
- Golden Razz Berries and Silver Pinap Berries are more effective when you give them to your buddy.
- The Stardust you’ll earn from giving a Pokémon a Berry at a Gym has been increased from 20 to 30
- Beginning on December 7, you’ll earn more Stardust from weekly Adventure Sync rewards.
Legacy 40 Trainer
Trainers who reach level 40 before Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time will earn the title of Legacy 40 Trainer and earn some exclusive rewards, like Timed Research that rewards an exclusive Gyarados Hat avatar item and a special Legacy 40 medal!
To help Trainers reach level 40 faster, a double Catch XP bonus will be live from Wednesday, November 18, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8) to Thursday, December 31, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. local time.
Additionally, Trainers will soon be able to power up their Pokémon to a higher CP than was previously possible at each Trainer level. Try powering up your Pokémon to see the difference!
Level 40+ Research
If you manage to reach level 40 you've got some more challenges ahead!
Once you get there each level from 40-50 you'll have to complete new Level-Up Research.
Below you can find the challenges you'll endure each level!
- Level 41: Submit your catching skills to a test of endurance! You’ll be expected to catch a high number of Pokémon in a single day, along with other tasks, in order to reach level 41.
- Level 42: From evolving Eevee into each of its available Evolutions, to using certain Evolution items on specific Pokémon, reaching level 42 will test your knowledge of Pokémon Evolutions.
- Level 43: Show us your mastery of Gym battles and Raid Battles! You’ll also need to have earned a certain number of Platinum medals before you can advance to level 43. You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 44: Battling other Trainers has been a fundamental aspect of the Pokémon RPGs since the beginning, but it’s still relatively new to Pokémon GO. Have you been developing your skills in battle? You’ll have to if you want to reach level 44!
- Level 45: You’ve battled in Gyms, raids, and the GO Battle League, but to reach level 45 you’ll need to focus your efforts on taking down those pesky Team GO Rocket villains! You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 46: Get ready to explore, intrepid Trainers! To reach level 46, you’ll need to complete a number of Field Research tasks, hatch a certain number of Eggs, and document your daily adventures using GO Snapshot!
- Level 47: You may think you’ve mastered the art of battling in raids, but the requirements to reach level 47 will really test your mettle! For example, one challenge will require you to win raids with teams that meet certain qualifications—and that’s just the beginning!
- Level 48: The requirements to reach level 48 are focused on one of the most important things in all of Pokémon GO: your friendship with your Buddy Pokémon! From kilometers walked to the number of Souvenirs you’ve collected, reaching level 48 will require you and your buddy to be laser-focused on developing your friendship with one another. You might find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end, too!
- Level 49: If there’s one thing that matches the importance of your friendship with your Buddy Pokémon, it’s your friendships with other Trainers. The people we meet on our Pokémon journeys bring so much to our lives, and cultivating those friendships is key to becoming an amazing Pokémon Trainer. Reach level 49 by sending Gifts, acquiring Lucky Pokémon through trades, and more.
- Level 50: This is it! The home stretch! To reach the highest available level in Pokémon GO, you must master all aspects of the game. Some examples include making Excellent Throws, catching Legendary Pokémon, and defeating Team GO Rocket Leaders with Pokémon under 1,500 CP, so you can tell this will be the ultimate test of whether you’re ready to stand among the most accomplished Trainers in Pokémon GO. And, of course, you might also find yourself with a surprise avatar item at the end!
Pokemon GO will now have Candy XL.
These Candies will allow you to power up Pokemon to an even higher CP than before.
You can get them by catching Pokemon or combining Candy.
More ways to obtain Candy XL will be coming soon.