A Mid-Season update is coming to Season 1 of Black Ops Cold War next week, bringing with it a refresher for Warzone as it continues Season 1 alongside it.
Black Ops Cold War is getting seasonal updates, much like Modern Warfare, meaning it should share many of the same features.
Warzone will be getting a soft reset and returning back to 'Season 1', rather than being moved to Season 7.
We can expect a new storyline to start evolving and appear to revolve around 'Rebirth Island' and features the newest Operator Stitch.
So what's happening in Season 1 of Warzone?
Click the links below to read all about Warzone Season 1:
Check out the full patch notes below provided by Treyarch!
- An all-new Battle Royale experience for Warzone.
- Intense, close-quarters action with a 40-player count and similar play style to Mini BR.
- New Gulag available in traditional Battle Royale modes.
- New Gulag
- Prepare to be dragged to an interrogation room, strapped to a chair, and thrown into an all-new arena: a makeshift replica of the original Nuketown map layout with both home interiors and backyard barricaded off, focusing the duel to a confined central arena.
- Rebirth Island Seasonal Event
- 16 new challenges for those dropping into Rebirth Island for the first time to earn Calling Cards, Charms, Emblems, Stickers, a special “Noxious” LMG Blueprint and more, along with additional secrets to uncover!
- Rebirth Island: Resurgence
- Respawn every 30 seconds until the final circle, or the last squad is left standing.
- Killing an enemy provides you with extreme clarity on where the rest of that enemy team is located.
- The Gulag is closed during this event (likely for some deep fumigation).
- Black Ops Cold War weapons added:
- 6 Assault Rifles, including the new Groza AR in the Season One Battle Pass System
- 6 Submachine Guns, including the new Mac-10 SMG in the Season One Battle Pass System
- 4 Marksman (Tactical) Rifles
- 3 Light Machine Guns
- 3 Sniper Rifles
- 3 Pistols
- 2 Shotguns
- 3 Launchers, including the M79 Special launcher
- 1 Melee weapon
Stitch (Warsaw Pact)
- Unlocked via Battle Pass Level 0.
- Legendary Operator Skin unlocked at Tier 100.
Vargas (Warsaw Pact)
- Black Ops Cold War Operator available in Warzone starting in Season One.
- Black Ops Cold War Operator available in Warzone starting in Season One.
- Similar to the regular Helicopter but with one major exception: Mounted on both side rails is a belt-fed minigun that can be controlled by squad members.
- Available on both Verdansk and Rebirth Island at the start of Season One.
- Added new Career menu to track progression from Military Ranks to Season and Prestige Levels.
- Progression menu removed from Barracks.
- See Global section above for full Cross-Game Progression and Prestige details.
- Attachments unlocked for Black Ops Cold War weapons will be available through the Gunsmith, allowing players to modify weapons for use within Warzone.
- Coming to Season One: Receive a set of 3 new Daily Challenges every day from across 3 categories: Reconnaissance, Combat, and Support.
- Swap Challenges in and out to suit your play style and optimize your progression.
- Mastery Challenges and Missions from previous seasons remain available.
- Removed the Juggernaut reward from Subway and Stadium Easter Eggs.
- “Strange Magic” / “Time of the Season” Watch will no longer be visible through walls.
- Players will be longer be able to clip inside of Loadout packages.
- Added collision to Airport to prevent an exploit.
- Addressed an issue where Park or Baker Operator Skin listings could show a repeating "Name" skin that could kick the player back to the menu when hovered over.
- Addressed instances where War Tracks could continue to play when exiting vehicle.
ModernWarzone posted a look at the map, check it out below!
Check out some of the new weapons coming with the release of Season 1.
We can assume these will be within Warzone!
• MAC 10 SMG
• Groza assault rifle
• Streetsweeper shotgun
New Gulag - 11th December
BlackOpsLeaks has posted the following two images of the new Gulag's going to be found within Season 1.
Season 1 Trailer
Get a first look at the brand new map, Rebirth Island, which will release next week with Season 1.
Season 1 Leaks Discussion - 8th December
Dataminers Uncover Plenty Of New Cosmetics After Latest Patch - 8th December
The recent pre-season patch went live and has added plenty of assets for Season 1.
Dataminers have been quick to uncover these files and share them with the world.
Continue to read on to see everything coming in Season 1!
Black Ops Cold War And Warzone Season 1 DELAYED - 4th December
The New Season has been delayed!
Rumours suggested it may be delayed but it has now been confirmed by Activision in a Call of Duty Blog.
The debut Season will now begin on the 16th December 2020!
Activision has also confirmed that Warzone’s arsenal is getting even bigger with over 30 Black Ops Cold War base weapons, as well as Blueprint variants.
There will also be a new Gulag experience!
Release Date And Time
Season 1's start date is set for the 16th December 2020.
It was originally slated to start on the 10th December - but was delayed for a week.
The update will arrive at 7am GMT.
It's not clear how this properly fits into the world of Warzone, but there is a story developing in Cold War.
A trap has been set. A CIA safehouse has been hit. And an old enemy returns to get his revenge.
After storming an experimental Nova 6 production site on Rebirth Island, Russel Adler has made a powerful enemy in Vikhor "Stitch" Kuzmin, the ex-KGB leader of the Nova 6 program. And Stitch is looking to settle the score.
Now, Adler and his CIA strike team find themselves trapped, and surrounded by enough Nova 6 nerve gas to throw the world off its axis.
All new DLC content will be free to players on all platforms.
However, if you wish to buy the battle pass, it will likely cost 900 COD Points.
The story of each season will likely revolve around the evolution of this mode.
So far, we know very little about what Warzone has in-store for us as it enters this new Black Ops Cold War storyline.
For now, it appears we're focusing more on the content drop rather than the story.
But to keep in-line with the new Season, you can expect the following:
- Map changes
- New Modes
- New weapons
- Classified Warzone experience
- Much more
All content is universal, meaning what is unlocked in the Black Ops Cold War Battle Pass will be available in Warzone.
In this new update, there will be over 30 Black Ops Cold War base weapons and Blueprint variants added to the game.
Players will also get a new Gulag experience!
The design is a makeshift replica of the original Nuketown map layout with both home interiors and backyard barricaded off, focusing the duel to a confined central arena.
But wait, there's more!
There's a second Gulag coming Warzone as part of the Rebirth Island map.
Rebirth Island’s Prison Block, prisoners are dragged to an ominous new arena during traditional Battle Royale modes.
Certain inmates were experimented on as part of Perseus’ plot to turn the tide of the Cold War in this new location.
This new Gulag is centred around the chamber in question, with prisoners of Warzone starting on the end of one of two hallways that run parallel to the centre room.
Although these pathways offer a quick route across the floor, both of them have a metal detector that will go off whenever an Operator passes through, adding an additional element of strategy to this intense duel for survival.
Resurgence - New Mode
This new mode is exclusive to Rebirth Island and focuses on respawning and frantic action.
There is no Gulag, but as long as your team are alive, you will respawn.
Once you get a kill, you'll be given some intel on where the rest of the team is so you can finish them off.
New Vehicle - Attack Helicopter
Let it rain on your enemies with the new Attack Helicopter vehicle.
Operating like the regular heli, this now has a belt-fed minigun mounted on both of the helicopter’s side rails.
This is not a killstreak but an operational vehicle on the map.
The new weapons appear to be the Groza Assault Rifle and MAC-11 SMG.
The Striker is also destined to arrive during Season 1, but will likely arrive at a later date.
So far, only the first two weapons have been found in the game files.
Photos via @ModernWarzone
@TailsDoll811 has recently posted a picture of a fully automatic shogun as well as a master calling card called 'ui_icon_callingcard_master_shotgun_fullauto_mp'.
It has now been noted that the shotgun is going to be called the Striker.
The leaker has also found a master calling card for the MAC-11
You can also see some skins for these two weapons here:
Photo via @TheGhostOfMW2
According to @TheGhostOfMW2, the following weapons will arrive post-launch:
It also appears we'll be getting new melee variants...
@TailsDoll711 has also posted an image for a Deployable Cover icon that has either been cut or could be a future item.
What Happens To My Warzone Items?
Everything you've earnt in Warzone will be preserved and retained as Warzone evolves - that means...
- Those who earned Modern Warfare items in Modern Warfare or Warzone will retain them in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- New Black Ops Cold War content, such as weapons and attachments, can be unlocked by playing Black Ops Cold War and Warzone
- The Battle Pass System will continue to include free tiers, which will include new base weapons in addition to other categories of items players can earn simply by playing the game
- Battle Passes will launch in tandem with post-launch live seasons based on that season's narrative
- Players can see the content they will earn or buy through the Battle Pass or Store
- The Battle Pass and Store will feature a variety of cosmetic content, including Operators, Weapons, Blueprints, Player Identity items, and more.
- There will not be a Season Pass model. Post-launch Multiplayer maps and modes will be free and given to all players simultaneously on all platforms.
We're still waiting for the 'Rebirth' event to take place that will overhaul the map, recently, the Rebirth Island map was updated in the MW loading Screen.
We're expecting a brand new map to be added to the game that will resemble Alcatraz from Black Ops 4.
Rumours about an entirely new map, overhauling Verdansk, have been circulating for a while; but is it true?
If there is a new map, rumours are stating that this may not happen until Q2 in 2021.
This makes sense as Activision will no doubt want to keep the focus on their new game and encourage more sales.
Not to mention that Warzone only released back in March 2020.
You'll also receive a few rewards such as emblems and calling cards.
According to The Gaming Revolution, a live Nuke event is supposed to occur to transition the map to the new Black Ops Cold War map.
Supposedly, Imran Zakhaev is at the heart of the destruction by using the Dam to charge the Bunker 10 nuke.
Theories have suggested that the Underground Metro that has been added to the game will help with this process and link the bunkers together.
@TailsDoll711 has leaked a bunch of cosmetics ahead of the new season.
These will feature in the Battle Pass, as well as some being exclusive to the store and others available in the Prestige Shop.
Emblems, Icons And Calling Cards
Photos via @BKT00R
Photo via @BlackOpsLeaks
@TailsDoll711 has leaked the Battle Pass Season 1 icon:
XP tokens are again being added to the Battle Pass (thanks to @TailsDoll711) these will range from 15-60 minutes for both the Battle Pass and Weapons.
It's been confirmed that all progression in Modern Warfare, Warzone and Black Ops Cold War will count towards your seasonal levels and prestige.
So no matter what game you play, you won't lose out.
Here's a look at what you will get in the new Battle Pass:
- Tier 0
- New Operator – Stitch
- Adler Operator Skin and Mission
- Silver Flash Watch
- Seasonal XP Boost
- Tier 10
- “Raider” Beck Skin
- Tier 15
- Mac-10 SMG
- Tier 19
- “Pain in the Neck” Finishing Move
- Tier 31
- Groza Assault Rifle
- Tier 81
- “Arid Constrictor” Assault Rifle Blueprint FREE
- Tier 85
- “Constable” Tactical Rifle
- Tier 90
- “Base Jumper” Adler Skin
- Tier 95
- “Gallantry” SMG Blueprint
- Tier 100
- “Prisoner” Stitch Skin and Operator Mission
- “Natural Order” Assault Rifle Blueprint
- “Assault” Vehicle Skins
- Season One Emblem
We've had two free bundles confirmed including the “Field Research” Bundle and “Certified” Bundle.
These are rewarded for simply logging in between 10AM PT Dec. 8 and 11PM PT Dec. 15.
- 1 Epic Operator Skin (Park)
- 1 Epic SMG Weapon Blueprint
- 1 Epic Reticle
- 1 Epic Calling Card
- 1 Rare Weapon Charm
- 1 Epic Operator Skin (Garcia)
- 1 Rare Assault Rifle Weapon Blueprint
- 1 Epic Reticle
- 1 Epic Weapon Charm
Here are some other bundles coming during the season...
Photos via @TheGhostOfMW2
A new Operator will arrive in the next season called 'Stitch'.
In the teasers, building up to his reveal, some information was brought to light about him.
You can see his alternate skins here:
We're also getting two other Operators at some point called "Bulldozer" and "Zeyna".
It's expected these will be available in the store as part of bundles.
Activision has confirmed that Warzone will remain on the Modern Warfare engine amid rumours that the battle royale would be transitioning to the Black Ops Cold War engine.
Players on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and PC will all be able to play together in Warzone in the first-ever cross-generational Call of Duty game!