Saber Interactive has today released the next phase of content for the popular off-roading sim, SnowRunner.
Season 2: Explore & Expand, is second of four phases in the Season Pass for SnowRunner, and is now live on PS4 an should be live shortly on PC and Xbox.
As well as introducing two new maps set in Canada’s Yukon wilderness, the update also adds a set of new vehicles, and much more.
Current vehicles can also be customised even further, with new exclusive skins, hood ornaments and exterior stickers.
It's not all just for season pass owners, there's also plenty of free content, accessible to all players with today’s update. This includes two new Trials, two new Xtreme Cargo, new missions in the Taymyr and Alaska regions, and some additional cosmetic options.
Sabre Interactive has also released a warning for anyone using mods:
"Modders, please remember to repackage your mods using the Patch 10 tools in order for them to work in the new update."
Keen to see more? You can get a full overview on the below trailer. But keep reading and you'll find the newly released patch notes, detailing every nitty-gritty change to the game.
SnowRunner Season 2 Patch Notes
- [DLC] Brand new region Yukon with two maps
- [DLC] New trucksCAT TH357D
- CAT 770G
- KRS 58 "Bandit"
- [DLC] Exclusive skin for International Scout 800
- [DLC] Exclusive skin for International Loadstar 1700
- New contracts in Alaska and Taymyr
- New customization options
- Two new trials
- Added an option to secure trucks to trailers that are suitable for truck transportation
- Added additional sounds for ramp activation
- Fixed a bug where if after completing the "Working stiff" objective player sold a Caterpillar 745C it was no longer available in the store
- Reworked honk sound for Ank MK 38
- Fixed a bug where crane anchors were extended if the player tilted his truck while driving
- Tweaked Azov 64131's center of mass
- Fixed a bug where trigger zones of destination points that are placed on bridges were not displayed in-game
- Fixed a bug where the player did not receive trial rewards if he completed trials before creating a new campaign
- Added collision for Tuloma and Kandra Battery Canon on Imandra.
- The fence around the aerodrome on Imandra is now displayed on the minimap
- Fixed a bug where landmarks of buildings before and after construction were mixed up on the minimap on Drowned Lands and Zimnegorsk, Taymyr
- Added an in-game mods browser from mod.io
- Added regional modding plugin
- Supported co-op on modded maps
- Supported auto-refund for mod trucks that were purchased in-game player but were removed from mod.io afterward
- Added indication of the intersection of objects in the editor
- Supported localization for map mods
- Fixed issues with sound packing for trucks
- Fixed a bug when the dev menu was activated in custom scenarios on the second launch
- Mod creators are now able to choose if they want or not to have a dev menu available on PC
- Fixed a bug where the mouse cursor was stuck on the top left of the screen when restarting an objective
Supported warning message if the player is going to fail one of the contest conditions
- Moved Trials menu to the main menu
- Fixed a bug where the cursor on a minimap was wobbling if there were several objects under it
- Fixed a bug where markers of a quest item positions in "Star in the Sky" remained on screen after the player restarted the contract
- Fixed a bug where the yellow cargo marker did not appear after using the metal detector during the 'The Star in the Sky' contract
- Supported sync of weather conditions in co-op
- Fixed bug where after disconnecting from a co-op game the player was unable to create his own co-op game until the application was restarted
- Added an option to disable the truck driver model in cockpit view
- Added an option to limit FPS in-game (30/60/unlimited)
- Fixed bug where target display was not saved when leaving and relaunching the game (for players with two monitors)
- Added option to enable/disable KSIVA
- Added option to enable/disable motion blur
- Improved visual for waves, caused by a truck driving in the water
- Improved terrain textures between mud and water in Zimnegorsk, Rift, White Valley
- Improved wheel tracks on ice patches
- Improved trees reflections in the water
- Further improvements for G923 True Force Feedback on PC, Xbox One, and Playstation 4
- Supported vibrotactile effects setting for G923
- Added an option to calibrate brake pedal force
- Supported Fanatec wheels on consoles
- Added additional video settings:Motion blur
- Film grain