When it comes to Call of Duty, ensuring you have the very best controller and audio settings to suit your style of play can often be the difference between finishing the match at the top of the scoreboard or sitting at the bottom.
For Black Ops Cold War, it’s no different. With every single player looking for ways to get even the slightest advantage over the opposition, in-game settings are crucial to help you perform at your best.
In this article, we guide you through the best audio and controller settings to be using during a multiplayer match.
Best Audio Settings
As with any first-person shooter (FPS) game, selecting the optimum audio settings will enable you to hear any opponents advancing onto your location, increasing your overall awareness of what’s taking place around the map.
There are a variety of audio settings that can be modified in Black Ops Cold War, and it can be tricky to find the settings that are right for you.
Check out our personal preferences below:
- Mute Sound: Not Muted
- Master Volume: 100
- Music Volume: 35
- Sound Effects Volume: 100
- Dialogue Volume: 100
- Cinematics Volume: 100
- Audio Presets: Treyarch Mix
- Hit Markers Sound Effect: Enabled
Best Controller Settings
Having the best possible controller settings equipped can make a massive difference during a multiplayer game.
With several different sensitivity options, button functions and vibration settings to select, it’s important to spend a bit of time experimenting with these settings to see what works for you.
See what we recommend below:
- Horizontal Stick Sensitivity: 5
- Vertical Stick Sensitivity: 5
- ADS Stick Sensitivity (Low Zoom): 1.2
- ADS Stick Sensitivity (High Zoom) 1.0
- Button Layout: Default
- Flip L2+R2 with L1+R1/LT+RT with LB+RB: Default
- Invert Vertical Look: Disabled
- Controller Vibration: Disabled
- Stick Layout: Default
- Left Stick Min Input Threshold: 5
- Left Stick Max Input Threshold: 100
- Right Stick Min Input Threshold: 4
- Right Stick Max Input Threshold: 100
- Controller Sounds: Disabled
- Auto Move Forward: Disabled
- Auto Sprint: Enabled
- Sprint Behaviour: Go To
- Sprint Cancels Reload: Enabled
- Equipment Behaviour: Hold
It’s important to remember that these settings may not work for everyone. Before jumping straight into the action, hop into a private match against bots to tweak the controller settings to your liking.
Best Gameplay Settings
These particular settings range from slowing down your sensitivity when aiming at an enemy to automatically mantling an object by simply walking towards it.
Find our recommended settings below:
- Slowdown & Strafing Aim Assist: Enabled
- Airborne Mantle Behaviour: Manual
- Grounded Mantle Behaviour: On Press
- Aim Down Sight Behaviour: Hold
- Steady Aim Behaviour: Hold
- Attack Vehicle Control Mode: Aim-Based
Best Graphics Settings
Like all FPS games, having a crystal-clear picture of the battlefield is essential when it comes to having a successful match.
Here are our preferred settings:
- Colour-blind Type: Disabled
- Field of View: 90
- Motion Blur: Disabled
When it comes to field of view, an increase can give you a clearer picture of what is happening in the surrounding area.
For those unfamiliar with the increase, sliding it to 90 gives you optimum graphical performance alongside a clear view of the action.
As always, the FOV setting is down to personal preference, so feel free to tweak it to how you want it!