UPDATE - The Pokemon GO Halloween 2020 event has now begun and runs until 03:00 GMT on November 4th 2020
Original Story Follows - Pokemon Go's Halloween event is almost here, and it'll bring plenty of exciting activities.
Players can catch Alolan Marowak on October 31, but before then, you can catch Ghost types and take part in a new Battle League cup.
Pokemon Go Halloween Event Start Time
The Pokemon Go Halloween event is split into three mini-events, as well as one overarching one.
Halloween Event Details
Players can enjoy the following bonuses from tomorrow, October 23, at 6 PM PDT and run until the same time on November.
Here's everything you can enjoy, courtesy of a Pokemon Go blog post:
- Ghost-type Pokémon will be appearing more often in the wild, will be featured in raids, and will be hatching more frequently from Eggs.
- This year, Gengar and Sableye will be wearing costumes! Face off with costumed Gengar in raids and keep an eye out for costumed Sableye in the wild—it may even hatch from an Egg!
- Galarian Yamask will appear in Pokémon GO for the first time! Complete the new Halloween 2020 Special Research, A Spooky Message Unmasked, to help Professor Willow uncover the mysteries surrounding this Pokémon.
- Spiritomb can be encountered by completing certain Field Research tasks and by completing the new Halloween 2020 Special Research story, A Spooky Message Unmasked. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny one!
- Trainers who completed the Mega Buddy Challenge Timed Research will be able to participate in exclusive Timed Research that will reward Gengar Mega Energy.
- Darkrai will be featured in five-star raids!
- Enjoy Halloween-themed Field Research tasks!
- New avatar items will be available in the Style Shop! Get dressed for Halloween with a Pikachu Mask, Gengar Onesie, Sableye Goggles, Sableye Mask, or Banette Mask! You can also try out the new Spooky Pose!
- Keep those eyes peeled for the Creepy Crate, Boo Bundle, and Pumpkin Pack boxes in the shop!
- Take a snapshot for some spooky surprises!
Catch Mastery: Ghost Day
Kicking off on Sunday 25 of October at 8 AM local time, you'll be able to find more Ghost-type Pokemon in the wild.
That's alongside special Timed Research and it'll run until 10 PM.
Go Battle League: Halloween Cup
If you're more interested in battling Pokemon rather than catching them, you'll be able to take part in the Halloween Cup.
It kicks off on Monday 26 at 6 AM local time and will run until November 3 at 5 AM.
As per a new blog from Niantic:
In this format, only Poison-, Bug-, Ghost-, Dark-, and Fairy-type Pokémon with 1500 CP or less will be allowed to participate. You can also earn encounters with costumed Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle!!
Alolan Marowak Raid Day
On the day of Halloween (that's October 31, in case you forgot), you'll be able to battle Alolan Marowak in raids.
It kicks off from 11 AM local time and runs until 5 PM local time.
Looking to defeat the new Mega Gengar? Check out our guide here.
We've also got the counters for each Team Rocket Leader.
Check them out below!