Fall Guys Season 2 is dropping today and its bringing “feudal fortresses, knockout knights and pugilistic paladins” for a mind-blowing Medievil refresh.
The Battle Royale sensation shot to fame in recent months, propelled by Sony's PS Plus giveaway, but it'll be certainly interesting to see if the resurgence of interest can carry through to this second season.
Whilst Season 2 has not yet started, players can update the game to the latest version, which is Fal Guys Update 1.09 on the PlayStation 4.
Don't worry too much about your hard drive getting filled, it should only require 3.11GB of space to download this new patch for the game.
Whilst we wait for Season 2 to begin, you can either peruse the latest patch notes (just below) or keep working towards some of those Season 1 rewards.
You best be quick though, because it might be some time before we see them return again. As per a Mediatonic dev:
"There’s a chance they’ll come back one day – but for now, better to assume they will be gone forever"
Now, assuming you're fully stocked, how about a look at those new patch notes?
Fall Guys Update 1.09 Patch Notes:
- New Feature – The Show Selector: Time-Limited Shows give players new ways to enjoy their favourite rounds types by selecting which Show they want to play!
- New Feature – Nameplates: Mix and Match customisable Banners and Nameplates to compliment your Fall Guy’s attire!
- New Feature – Random Outfit Generator: Press triangle on the customiser screen until you get a combination of items you like!
- Improvement – See your party members fall alongside you while waiting for matchmaking to complete.
- Improvement – Fall Guys now have more responsive mantling up ledges.
- Improvement – Visual updates to many levels
- New Level – Knight Fever: Our hardest gauntlet level yet.
- New Level – Wall Guys: Cooperate with other players to traverse castle walls.
- New Level – Egg Siege: A brand new Egg Scramble map with moving drawbridges!
- New Level – Hoopsie Legends: A Solo Hoopsie Round with moveable blocks.
- Plethora of new customisation options – costumes, faceplates, colour palettes, emotes, and celebrations.
- Many bug fixes and optimisations.
Fellow gaming website Sixthaxis also suggested we could see yet more changes when Season 2 goes live.
The site has it on good authority that season 2 will also add "new music and a new style for the main menu, a new Fame Path with new rewards, and of course a load of costumes".
Either way, it sounds like Season 2 is going to be a lot of fun and we can't wait to boot it up later today to find out.