Minecraft Live is taking place right now and the next big expansion to the game has just been announced by the team at Mojang.
Following on from the success of the Nether Update is the 'Caves & Cliffs' update; and by all accounts, it looks absolutely massive.
This should in theory be the games 1.17 update for those who love to keep track.
Don't Miss Out: RGB PICTEK Backlit Keyboard and Mouse only £31.00 on Amazon!
Below is a quick rundown of the main features, which we think is likely from an official press release, but the info comes via Windows Central:
- New generation for caves and mountains. Minecraft is about to get a whole lot more beautiful, with more diverse and creative generation planned for both caves and mountains. Caves, in particular, will get several different varieties, including lush caves filled with life, and dripstone caves filled with stalactites and stalagmites.
New mobs. Lots of new life is coming to Minecraft, with the devastating Warden hostile mob, the friendly and cute Axolotl underwater creature, and even mountain goats to adorn the sides of your local mountains.
- Archeology system. A new form of mining will arrive with the Caves and Cliffs Update that sees players carefully excavate rare and fragile artifacts by brushing away debris rather than whacking things with a pickaxe.
- Bundle items. Managing your inventory just got a whole lot easier, with a new "Bundle Items" feature planned for Caves and Cliffs that will allow players to bunch together similar things in their inventory.
- New ores, items, and more. Search for the new copper ore, or gorgeous crystal geodes that can be mined for new crafting materials. With the Caves and Cliffs Update, there are going to be a ton of new crafting recipes including sculk sensors to detect movement, telescopes, lightning rods, leaf platforms, and a whole lote more.
- And that's not all... Mojang Studios is setting out to make the Caves and Cliffs Update the most exciting update Minecraft has had in a while, and that means there will be a ton of changes, improvements, and new features that we haven't learned about today, and won't become evident until later on.
What is the Minecraft Caves and Cliffs Update Release Date?
According to the developers, the caves and cliffs update isn't going to be with us for some time.
At the time of writing Mojang Studios has suggested the update could arrive in Summer 2021.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE DETAILS.