ACNH - FALL UPDATE IS LIVE
The new Animal Crossing: New Horizons Fall update is now live. Patch Notes haven't dropped just yet, but we normally see Nintendo of Japan publish first.
Players should also be able to pick up a special Ring-Con furniture item gift when you check your in-game mail next time you log in.
Your new ACNH update should download automatically, but for those needing help, here's a quick guide on the steps you should follow to do it manually.
HOW TO UPDATE ANIMAL CROSSING ON NINTENDO SWITCH?
- Connect the Nintendo Switch console to the internet.
- Return to the HOME Menu and launch the game.
- The update will be downloaded and installed automatically.
- Once the update is installed, the newest version number will be displayed on the title screen.
Original Story Follows - Animal Crossing New Horizons is getting ready to drop the games next big dollop of content, with the new Fall update.
This new release will bring all sorts of new Halloween themed content to the game, from new outfits to plenty of DIY items to craft.
After a lengthy summer, it'll certainly make for a nice change of scenary.
However, before we can get out hands on his new batch of content, Nintendo has confirmed they'll be taking servers offline for maintenance. The upshot is we're now incredibly close to the Animal Crossing New Horizons Fall Update Release Time.
This isn't unsual, Nintendo had to the the same for the previously released Summer updates.
Nintendo has released a new in-game message confirming maintenance from 5:55PM Pacific Time / 8:55PM Eastern Time and ending at 7:30PM Pacific Time / 10:30PM Eastern Time.
In the United Kingdom, that's actually 1.55am BST until 3.30am BST.
During the maintenance window, all network services for the game will be unavailable - alongside the NookLink service within the Nintendo Switch Online mobile app.
As with all updates and server maintenance, it's possible the game's downtime could be extended should the team encounter any issues. Although based on the past releases, these tend to be fairly well handled, so we wouldn't forsee any issues.
More to follow, this is a breaking story. For the time being, keep reading for a full breakdown of the new features coming to Animal Crossing New Horizons with the Fall Update.
Animal Crossing New Horizons: Fall Update – Features
These new features will be available from September 30 once players download the new update:
• Growing Pumpkins – Deck out your home and island for all your awesome autumnal occasions by first purchasing pumpkin starts in-game from Leif year-round or from Nook’s Cranny during October. Once your pumpkins are grown, they can be harvested and put to use in pumpkin-based DIY projects.
• Prepare for Halloween – Pumpkins are just the beginning of the Halloween-themed festivities coming to your island. With the big day just around the corner, you can start stocking up on candy early. Find your style for Halloween night by purchasing costumes, like a mage’s dress, at the Able Sisters shop during the month of October. You can even procure body paint and colored eye contacts by exchanging Nook Miles. You'll also be able to learn Halloween DIY projects from your fellow residents. On Halloween night, your neighbors will be getting in the holiday spirit with costumes of their own.
• Halloween Night Celebrations – When Halloween night arrives on Oct. 31, after 5 p.m., neighbors will gather in the plaza, which will be adorned with an array of Halloween decorations. You’ll also receive a visit from a mysterious guest, Jack, the “czar of Halloween.” By giving Jack lollipops and candy, you’ll earn spooky in-game rewards. Be sure to save some candy for your neighbors, too, or you might get pranked! Luckily, you can learn a couple of new Reactions to properly express your feelings of fear.
• Revisiting Dreams – The ability to take a nap and visit other islands within dreams was introduced this summer. Now, you'll be able to easily revisit dreams from a list, making it even easier to visit some of your favorite islands.
• NookLink App Update – The NookLink Service in the Nintendo Switch Online smartphone app is also receiving an update in early October. With the update, you’ll be able to use your smart device to perform Reactions in the game. How about trying it out for this occasion to let your island visitors know exactly how you feel about their mischievous tricks and treats?