Kate Bishop launches TODAY!
Original Story Follows:
Marvel's Avengers has lofty plans for post-launch support, with all of its upcoming heroes and missions being released for free to all players (other than Spider-Man, who will be a PlayStation exclusive).
The first heroes we'll be getting to grips with will be Hawkeye and... well, Hawkeye.
That's because we'll be able to step into the spandex of Clint Barton and Kate Bishop, two versions of the archery-enthusiast/superhero.
Here's all we know about the pair.
Marvel's Avengers Hawkeye DLC: Everything We Know So Far
Kate Bishop arrives on December 8.
She'll be introduced via a quest called "Taking AIM", with Barton being added in a second part of the narrative.
That's expected to in 2021.
Here's all we know about Kate's moves:
- Intrinsic: Teleportation allows Kate to get closer to enemies
- Intrinsic Block: Teleport away from attacking enemies
- Movement: Double jump and air dash
- Ranged Attacks: Rapid-fire arrows (Razor), Scatter Shot arrows, explosive arrows and smokescreen arrows.
- Heroic Support: Spawns a decoy that distracts enemies. Upgrades allow Kate to swap places with the decoy or detonate it.
- Heroic Assault: Fire an arrow forward and teleport to it, creating an explosion and sending enemies flying.
- Heroic Ultimate: Quantum Overdrive gives unlimited bow energy for a period of time
We'll update this piece when we hear about Clint's abilities.
You can check out the Kate Bishop trailer below:
Clint Barton's cinematic introduction is below, too:
War Table Stream
Check out the most recent War Table stream below:
Where Have They Been?
Having been absent throughout the main game's campaign, you'd be forgiven for wondering just what the pair have been up to.
In the Kate Bishop trailer, it's revealed that she and Barton were trying to track down Nick Fury in the aftermath of the main campaign's inciting incident - A-Day.
It also looks as though Barton could be in cahoots with Monica Rappacini, one of the campaign's antagonists, but we remain sceptical that we'll spend any time playing as a villain.