Amazon Prime Day 2020 is a great chance to get amazing deals on gaming monitors! Here's the latest and greatest, plus our handy guide to finding the right one for you!
Here's our top pick from what's on offer at the moment.
AOC U2879VF 28 Inches 4K LED Monitor - Black
4K, 28 inches, alongside a respectable 60hz refresh rate for only £174.99!
BIG SCREEN, BIG SAVINGS! This monitor gives you a lot of bang for your buck!
Gaming Monitors Amazon Prime Day 2020 Quick Guide
Finding the right gaming monitor can be slightly confusing with all the specs that come alongside the descriptions. With that in mind, we’ve put together this quick guide to the basics, so you know what to look for when you head into the sales!
- Common resolutions are 1080p / 4K / 8K and so on.
- 1080p still looks great, especially with a smaller monitor.
- Keep an eye out for Ppi, which means pixels per inch.
- To prevent losing out on quality, you’ll want to take note of this when purchasing a larger gaming monitor.
Refresh Rate & Response Time
- For gaming, generally, a higher refresh rate and lower response times ensure smoother gameplay.
- Refresh rate is measured in Hz - look for around 144 Hz for gaming.
- Generally speaking, the higher the contrast, the better the image.
- HDR is related to contrast and basically means that the blacks are blacker, and the whites are whiter. This does make a difference, so it’s worth looking into.
TN, IPS or VA
- These are the types of technology in the monitor.
- Typically, TN monitors are cheaper than IPS and VA. VA is known for having impressive contrast.
Using it for a console?
- It's all about connection and cables, but basically, use the HDMI, DVI, or VGA cable and you'll be good to go!
Which gaming monitors to look for at Amazon Prime Day 2020?
If you’re heading to the Amazon Prime Day sales, here are three levels to narrow down your search, and what you may expect to find at each.
Getting a great gaming monitor for around the $250 / £200 mark is actually quite common. It'll be on the smaller side, and most likely full HD, but you can also get some amazing refresh rates too, which result in very smooth gameplay indeed.
BenQ ZOWIE XL2411P 24 Inch 144 Hz e-Sports Gaming Monitor
This awesome monitor comes in at only £189.97 and has a super high refresh rate for smooth gameplay.
Quick Start: Bag yourself this BenQ Monitor for under £200 right here on Amazon!
Larger screens, 4K, HDR are waiting around the $400 / £350 and above range. For all three, you may have to go higher up in price, but generally speaking, if you want something larger and better quality, you can find it in this price range.
ASUS 27 Inch FHD Esports Gaming Monitor
This monitor actually comes in at £259 on Amazon, so it’s actually closer to the budget price range, however, it is 27 inch and full HD with up to 165 Hz!
UPGRADE: Level up your monitor and unlock bigger screen sizes and more!
- 165 Hz
- Resolution FHD 1080p
- Hardware Interface HDMI, DVI x 1
- Display technology TN
- Aspect Ratio 16:9
- Response Time 1 ms
Very important that you make sure your chosen platform is up to the task here, as these are some serious investments! If you’ve got the green-light, you’ll be able to unlock some incredible gaming experiences.
Alienware 34.1 inch Curved Gaming Monitor
1440p QHD, curved screen, and a high refresh rate, with only a 2 ms response time, are just a few of the features with this amazing gaming monitor.
GO ALL-IN: Size, pixel density, and high refresh rates all in one
- 120 Hz
- Resolution QHD UltraWide 1440p
- Hardware Interface USB, DisplayPort, HDMI
- Display technology LED
- Aspect Ratio 21:9
- Custom Alienfx and Nvidia G-Sync
The Best of the Best: Get the ultra-wide Alienware 34.1 inch, curved gaming monitor, right here
Looking for something else?
We're always updating our guides with the latest news, predictions, and deals so you can get ahead of the game this year.
Below you'll find all our latest Amazon Prime Day, Black Friday, and Christmas guides, where you get the very latest on a ton of different products!