Destiny 2 Beyond Light is coming in November, but there's a new exotic to chase in the meantime.
The Traveler's Chosen sidearm is here, and it's actually a redux of a weapon you get early on in Destiny 2's campaign.
It's also thankfully not too tricky to grab, but can take some time.
Is the gun worth it? Yes, actually. The sidearm has a perk called Gathering Light which stacks to increase reload speed, handling, and target acquisition.
Reloading the weapon with stacks active also helps fill your melee, grenade, and class abilities.
Destiny 2 Traveler's Chosen Exotic Guide
Speak to Zavala to kick things off, and then it's time for a quick tour of duty around each planet that'll be added to the Destiny Content Vault.
So that means you'll be heading to Titan, Io, Mercury, and then Mars, in that order. At each location, you'll want to complete a weekly bounty from the respective vendor.
Next, speak to Zavala again and he'll explain that you'll need to head to the same locations but with slightly more challenging objectives.
Speak to Asher to kick things off.
- Collect Taken traces from Taken Phalanxes and open the chest in the Sanctum of Bones Lost Sector
- Complete the Pyramidion strike and collect 40 Scan Traces by killing Vex on IO
- Complete the Unexpected Guest (Heroic) adventure
Ticking those off will get you a level 1060 sniper rifle, Silicon Neuroma, for speaking to Asher again.
Speak to Sloane when you land.
- Defeat Dek-Thra the Hive Knight in the Methane Flush Lost Sector near Sloane in Siren's Watch.
- Open chests protected by Hive Ultras in the Solarium or Festering Halls.
- Complete Savathun’s Song strike and collect Tech Fragments by killing Hive Ogres, Wizards, and Knights on Titan.
Chat to Sloane again to get Duty Bound, an auto rifle.
Speak to Zavala and he'll give you a masterwork version of the Mindbender's Ambition shotgun for your troubles.
Speak to Brother Vance, and enjoy what could be your last trip to Mercury - easily the game's most dull destination.
- Complete A Garden World strike and defeat Vex Hydras, Minotaurs, and Cyclopses on Mercury.
- Complete Tree of Probabilities strike and defeat Cabal on Mercury.
- Complete the Bug in the System (Heroic) adventure.
Go see Ana to kickstart this destination's objectives.
- Investigate Mindlab: Rasputin.
- Defeat 5 bosses in Escalation Protocol.
- Complete Deathly Tremors (Heroic) adventure.
Afterwards, grab the Braytech Osprey from Ana - it's a rocket launcher.
Then, head back to Zavala for your prize.